EES 6 for OS X and Safari

Hey everyone, 

We have a few Macs running OS X 10.9 and 10.10, and I have noticed that Safari does not load the CSS or JS files for websites correctly. The only way we have found to resolve the issue is to uninstall EES. Has anyone else seen this and know of a workaround? We contacted customer support and they escalated the ticket up to the Dev team. This issue does not appear when ESET NOD32 Antivirus for OS X is installed on the Mac.

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed

• Most Valued Members

Hello,

Someone did post a topic about this for EES, and after discovering the same issue I also posted about this for the Home Products (ECS and ECSP) as those products were also getting the same issue.

Until there is a response, I since did find that the latest pre-release updates have resolved this issue that was caused by the "Internet protection module" so I would suggest switching to pre-release updates on the Macs with EES installed, and then restarting them to see if that solves it.

Edited by planet

@Planet, thanks for the feedback. How do I switch to the pre-release updates on EES. Also support got back to me and said they couldn't reproduce the issue, which I find hard to believe.

UPDATE: switching to pre-release updates has fixed the issue with Safari. Is there any word on when this will be patched/added to regular updates? I am very uncomfortable with putting anything "pre-release" into my production environment.

Edited by mfichera

• Most Valued Members

@Planet, thanks for the feedback. How do I switch to the pre-release updates on EES. Also support got back to me and said they couldn't reproduce the issue, which I find hard to believe.

UPDATE: switching to pre-release updates has fixed the issue with Safari. Is there any word on when this will be patched/added to regular updates? I am very uncomfortable with putting anything "pre-release" into my production environment.

I just switched back to regular updates to check and noticed that the CSS and JS resources are now able to load correctly again in Safari, as it seems the modules have been updated since I last tested it.

Try switching back as well and clearing the update cache (also in the update preferences) on one Mac, and restart OS X after the update is complete. Then, if you click on the ESET icon and click 'About...' then 'More Information...', see if you have the same Internet protection module:

Internet protection module  1173.7 (20150428)

This seems to be the current regular update module released as of now and the one I tested with.

Hopefully it works for you in Safari.