13 days notice

novice

Finally, I got the 13 days expiration notice; I have a new retail package NOD32 Antivirus, 1year /3pc with activation key.

If I activate it now, 13 days in advance, using the activation key which is printed on the package, I am going to loose the 13 days???

Thanks,

novice

Finally, I got the 13 days expiration notice; I have a new retail package NOD32 Antivirus, 1year /3pc with activation key.

If I activate it now, 13 days in advance, using the activation key which is printed on the package, I am going to loose the 13 days???

Thanks,

novice

Yep, so put up with the messages until the due date. My renewal is 6/6/2015. :(

What is hilarious though , the developers of NOD 32 can write a sophisticated software to detect a random virus but yet they cannot solve this long standing nuisance......

Worth noting that because you are using a new retail pack you are generating a new license which is separate from your old one. If you instead renewed your old license (which can be done between 60 days before and 30 days after) you would get the time added on to the current expiry date.

6 notifications about "license expires in 10 days"  !!!!!!

A little bit of common sense is required here, Marcos.....

post-1289-0-77637600-1431471299_thumb.png

Just click "OK" and be done with it, that your GUI is more orange than usual at the moment is fine nothing to worry about  :)

Soi indeed it are only 2 notifications - the usual one in the ESET GUI and one separate prompt.

Maybe the separate prompt is made for all users who don't look at the ESET GUI at all... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Soi indeed it are only 2 notifications - the usual one in the ESET GUI and one separate prompt.

Maybe the separate prompt is made for all users who don't look at the ESET GUI at all... :D

Well, I finally activated my NOD32 with the 2013 info for three computers,

No problem although the message said it was a downloaded version which it wasn't.

No problem, of course. New one expires June 5, 2016.

No problem although the message said it was a downloaded version which it wasn't.

Finally, I caved in and I activated an 1year / 3 devices license before expiration and I lost 13 days.

Honestly I do not think anyone is listening on this forum for members suggestions: this is still "unfixed" as well as the option to "Activate your product...." still present in your Right click on tray icon, even though your product is already activated.

The latest was mentioned by myself more than a year ago....

Finally, I caved in and I activated an 1year / 3 devices license before expiration and I lost 13 days.

Honestly I do not think anyone is listening on this forum for members suggestions: this is still "unfixed" as well as the option to "Activate your product...." still present in your Right click on tray icon, even though your product is already activated.

The latest was mentioned by myself more than a year ago....

Very good point.

Honestly I do not think anyone is listening on this forum for members suggestions: this is still "unfixed"

Oh yeah ?  Well, you're wrong. Because you see, they do actually listen.....

post-320-0-51395500-1433736905_thumb.jpg

Honestly I do not think anyone is listening on this forum for members suggestions: this is still "unfixed"

attachicon.gifeset.JPG

Gee, that's old.

Is that just for ESET Smart Security?

Glad that they listen or read.... :)

attachicon.gifeset.JPG

Gee, that's old.

Glad that they listen or read.... :)

It is a screenshot from the Advanced Setup section in the ESS V9 Beta, I assume these options are available in both NOD32 and ESS. I only Beta test the ESS V9 Beta at the moment so I can't say what it looks like in NOD32, sorry. :) Though I am pretty sure they are the same, only that NOD32 may have a few less checkboxes than ESS in that list.

Edited by SweX

attachicon.gifeset.JPG

Gee, that's old.

Glad that they listen or read.... :lol:

It is a screenshot from the Advanced Setup section in the ESS V9 Beta, I assume these options are available in both NOD32 and ESS. I only Beta test the ESS V9 Beta at the moment so I can't say what it looks like in NOD32, sorry. :) Though I am pretty sure they are the same, only that NOD32 may have a few less checkboxes than ESS in that list.

OK, that's good SweX

I guess they DO listen. :D

I was referring to this:

Yes I know that you were referring to that too, as well as the "license will expire" notifications since you have said in the past that you find them a bit annoying, and I showed you that from V9 you can now choose to disabled those notifications, and more, if one would like to do that.

Why it can be useful to have "activate your product" in the menu both before and after activation has been discussed earlier, search the forum and you shall find relevant answers about that.

Edited by SweX

"Why it can be useful to have "activate your product" in the menu both before and after activation...."

Are you kidding me????

There is NO REASON to have in your task bar the option "Activate your product" if your "product" has been already activated . This is some sort of obsession to defend ESET's actions or decisions at all cost, even against elementary logic.

Are you kidding me????

No, obviously not. Search the forum and you shall find relevant answers about this. FYI, The search box is located at the top close to the login area.

This is some sort of obsession to defend ESET's actions or decisions at all cost, even against elementary logic.

Busted you got me! So, what "actions or decisions" did I defend this time then ?

Edited by SweX

• ESET Moderators

Hello novice,

For instance, if somebody changes their license, without the link to activate the product, they would have no possibility to enter their new license.

As for the notification about license expiration, other posters before me were right - when you renew your license, you do not lose a single day, they are counted in your new license. However, when you buy a separate license, the system can't know it is still you, the licenses are not connected, thus the remaining days from the old one can't be transferred in that case.

However, as you saw in the screenshot that SweX posted, you can disable the notification altogether, so you certainly have a choice.

Regards,

T.

Hello novice,

For instance, if somebody changes their license, without the link to activate the product, they would have no possibility to enter their new license.

As for the notification about license expiration, other posters before me were right - when you renew your license, you do not lose a single day, they are counted in your new license. However, when you buy a separate license, the system can't know it is still you, the licenses are not connected, thus the remaining days from the old one can't be transferred in that case.

However, as you saw in the screenshot that SweX posted, you can disable the notification altogether, so you certainly have a choice.

Regards,

T.

Hi TomasP,

I am not quite sure that I understand what are you saying: the "right" click on tray icon is the place for whatever you do frequently , not for "product activation" which is done once per year! 

Beside that, there is an option in "Setup / Product activation" which can be used for that, see attachment:

post-1289-0-81922500-1433974811_thumb.jpg

I always buy my 3 user boxed version on Amazon, and save Lotsa $!  I do end up losing 13 days pre-activating, just to get rid of the @#%& pop-ups though. 

I'll try SweX's Advanced... solution next time.