Another great job of a virus NOD32 caught!

I always used to see programs from ChrisPC being published at Major Geeks.com but I never had any interest.

Today, I tried installing ChrisPC WEI for Windows 8 just for fun.....

after downloading the file from their main site and installing it, I got the following warnings:

Verification.png
post a picture

STUDIES.png

Please avoid this company at all costs!

Using NOD32 v6 on Windows 8.1

No other AV caught this! Great job ESET again! The best in PUP detections hands down!

True, and this wasn't an FP:

Another hit caught by AdGuard:

Adguard has blocked access to this page

This web page at www.chris-pc.com has been reported as a malware page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Adguard has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it is possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. We recommend you to not proceed or try again later.

They're doing obvious search engine optimization. They have a "RAM Booster" program. Said program exits with an obviously fake error message when run in Anubis sandbox.

Also, the file downloaded when scanned by Virus Total shows a 27/57 detection rate:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1fb9cb60b11165df3298dee55b59517e3ed15957b820b19b4ca0d8f9f2e20173/analysis/1426310319/