The Guardian article

I have had ESET products for 8+ years, but have only just learned that it originates in the Slovak Republic. I read that your country sides with Russia against Ukraine.  (See article in The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/07/czech-republic-to-suspend-relations-with-slovakia-over-russia-support#:~:text=They said%3A “Fico closely follows,but may cause international disruptions).

Now I worry about supporting you with my subscription $$. Do you approve of this development?

• ESET Moderators
Posted (edited)

Hello,

ESET is a private business.  It is not an agency of the Slovak Republic, or any other government for that matter.

Since the unwarranted invasion of Ukraine and illegal annexation of Ukrainian territory by Russia, ESET has worked steadfastly to help its neighboring country, ranging from donating hundreds of thousands of euros to charities involved in relief efforts, to providing additional security software and services, which includes numerous investigations into and blocking of attacks on Ukraine's critical infrastructure.

For more information on ESET's support of Ukraine, see the following:

As you enjoy reading The Guardian, here is another, more recent article from their website you might find of interest:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/30/slovakia-brain-drain-populist-leader-robert-fico.  Please carefully read the entire article, especially the last sentence.

Although my last name is Ukrainian, I am one of ESET's American employees.  Like my Slovak colleagues, I have been working tirelessly to help Ukraine where I can, and I hope this answers your questions about ESET's commitment to Ukraine.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Edited by Aryeh Goretsky
fixed a broken URL

• ESET Moderators

Just to add to Aryeh's well-put answer, I would like to react to

On 3/30/2024 at 4:56 PM, patricQ2 said:

I read that your country sides with Russia against Ukraine.

A country's international position very much depends on the current government. Up until the recent elections in late 2023, Slovakia's government was very pro-Ukraine since day one of the invasion.

Anyway, since its inception, ESET has seen several governments in Slovakia, leaning to either side of the political spectrum - and regardless of the government at any given time, ESET has always maintained its core values and principles, which are also reflected in the links provided by Aryeh.

We will now lock this topic, as politics have no place in this forum and tend to create heated discussions, but we wanted to provide you with accurate information to address your concern.

• TomasP locked this topic