ESET FDE Failed to boot from safe start

Slawomir Skupien

Hi,
We have a GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE DDR4 motherboard in our PC. When trying to run ESET FDE, the computer fails to boot after enabling the encryption option. A message in the system informs that the computer must be restarted to start encryption. After restarting the computer, you only see a black screen and nothing happens. After restarting, we receive the following messages in the ESET FDE logs:

[2023-11-29 08:06:32.575] [inspector] [error] [4284] Failed to boot from safe start
[2023-11-29 08:06:32.575] [inspector] [error] [4284] Encryption has failed previously so we will not continue

Is it possible to set SecureBoot in the BIOS so that the computer starts the Pre-boot window after a restart forced by EFDE? There was a similar problem in the past on Lenovo and Surface laptops, but here the problem is a bit more complex.

Technical support can't help me for over a week

• ESET Staff

Hi @Slawomir Skupien,

Do you have a case number you can provide me with to take a look?

Because I would like to see a copy of the following logs: https://support.eset.com/en/kb7123-eset-encryption-diagnostics-tool but if you already provided this sort of information via the case you have with support I can acquire it there instead. Thank you.