protocol filtering - exclude applications

Go to solution Solved by foneil,

My english sometimes fails me but it seems the highlighted text is not correct.

If we select a browser to be excluded isn't that a bad thing since the data we received through it is not being filtered? So a browser should never be selected, correct?

This can be found here:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2132

post-3012-0-80351900-1420045227_thumb.gif

Thanks

Edited by ptcman

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

You are correct that by selecting the browser you are excluding it and that can decrease your level of protection. This Knowledgebase article is for version 4.x of our product. Article SOLN2869 is the same issue for version 5.x. Both articles have an important message that indicate that newer versions of the product are available. This was an issue that we only saw with previous versions of ESET. Make sure that you are using the latest version of ESET by following the instructions in the Knowledgebase article linked to in the important note, which I have included below:

Upgrade to the latest version

Many of the issues you might be experiencing with your ESET product have been resolved in the latest version. We highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version:

p.s. This is an old issue that I've been dealing with for a long time! I hope, one day, to put it to rest...