Windows Security Center Service unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.

Zardoc

Just now, Pete12 said:

version 17 has an issue "............I assume you have no TPM ?

I dont have TPM , but have the same errors with the 17-version.........

We may hope ESET will solve this problem soon , for us all !!

13 minutes ago, Zardoc said:

I have a full modern system Z90 with TPM enabled but not activated.

These errors should be gone if you activate TPM........

I dont have it , rolling back is no option , coz , if we do, we can not update our ESET anymore.

ESET should come with a working solution for all of us .............( TPM or not !)

17 minutes ago, Zardoc said:

I have a full modern system Z90 with TPM enabled but not activated.

These errors should be gone if you activate TPM........

I dont have it , rolling back is no option , coz , if we do, we can not update our ESET anymore.

ESET should come with a working solution for all of us .............( TPM or not !)

No TPM is activated and errors are still. Present. TPM or not, errors should not be present.

Anyways, I'm sure Marcos and the boys will find the bug and fix it. No sweat runnung 16 for now. Update isn't offered yet.

I had ver. 17 installed on my Win 10 22H2 installation earlier in the week prior to the official release to test it out. There were no Event 19 errors in my Win Event log related to WSC. As such, I conclude this appears to be Win 11 issue.

Edited by itman

Let's agree that it's a Win 11 issue in conflict with Ver. 17 And stuff that goes beyond our expertise.

Also, in my more than 25 years of Windows troubleshooting, not all computers will generate the same errors that coincide with a specific issue. It's always a common denominator. 

In this case I don't know what it is and how many people are affected.

Edited by Zardoc

Went back with a system-backup ( OS) to 16.2.15 ..........

Switched off module-updates immediately !!

All fine again , waiting for a fix , can not update the program anymore , untill its been fixed...........!!!

• Administrators

Also please let us know if there's also an actual issue or merely logging is the problem. If the error is logged each time you reboot the machine, please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Make sure the error has been logged
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Sorry, but cant reproduce anymore , went back to 16.2.15 already ,

my eventlogs are clean again !   😁

I wont update my program ( ESET Internet Security ) , untill a fix will arive .

I will be very alert , with these updates in future ( costed me a lot of time to fix it !! 😟)

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.
The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of FirewallProduct from datastore.

Windows 10 64. Eset Smart Security version 17.0.15.0

Edited by stepan

9 minutes ago, stepan said:

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.
The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of FirewallProduct from datastore.

Windows 10 64. Eset Smart Security version 17.0.15.0

Does your PC motherboard have a TPM module installed?

Edited by itman

@Marcos I don't have time to fill a support ticket and jump hoops (Too busy and support exasperated) but if you want I can launch a log collector and post it here.

Which type of log collection?

I found another Microsoft posting related to this issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-security-center-service-was-unable-to/a5d72875-bd78-4a9c-be76-e1785919fd67 .

This posting also explains an earlier reply in this thread when the poster couldn't find WSC desktop toolbar icon in Win 11; the WCS service wasn't running. As the poster in the above link stated, he also could not start the service.

This is a serious issue since other postings indicate if a WSC app reset doesn't fix the issue, the only other alternative is the Win reset option. Or, uninstall the third party AV solution and pray that fixes the issue.

Edited by itman

8 hours ago, itman said:

Does your PC motherboard have a TPM module installed?

No. I wouldn't find out about error if haven't checked in event viewer. WSC screenshot
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lwDFJOV.png[/img]

Edited by stepan

• Administrators

Thanks to @Zardoc we have received first ELC logs and they show that the Security Center service is stopped for some reason despite autostart being set to automatic:

image.png

Please check the service state on your machines.

Also all event logs but 2 records in the Application log are missing for an unknown reason:

image.png

I'd like to ask also some of you who are experiencing the issue to provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector from such machine to see if the symptoms are same. The problem is apparently with the WSC service, ie. outside of the ESET product.

Windows Security Center Service ".............cant find this service , I do have a "Windows SecurityHealth Service ", its set on "manual" .

I was able to start it though.

Wonder if its the same service you were talking about............

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Windows Security Center Service ".............cant find this service , I do have a "Windows SecurityHealth Service ", its set on "manual" .

I was able to start it though.

Wonder if its the same service you were talking about............

No, it's a different one:

image.png

Please provide ELC logs from the machine, if possible.

Also please post a screenshot of your Windows Security window - Virus & Threat protection. It should normally look like as follows:

image.png

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Windows Security Center Service ".................then WHY(?) is it not installed on my Win11......??

That's a question for Microsoft : / Anyways, please provide me with ELC logs to make sure it's not really there. The name of the service is "Security Center", not "Windows Security Center".

Is this service listed in "%windir%\system32\services.msc" - folder ?

I have this also ; screenshot of your Windows Security window - Virus & Threat protection. 

Looks the same as posted before...........