Jump to content
An upgrade will take place on June 18, 2024 during the midday hours (UTC). The Forum will not be accessible for a short period of time. ×

Problem with depth-scan on-demand


Recommended Posts

Hello. I use ESET Internet Security version 16.2.15.0 and have the same or similar problem that is indicated here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/38249-scan-is-not-working-properly/ and https://forum.eset.com/topic/38258-full-scan-freezes/#comment-174424 I perform a depth-scan on-demand every month. The last one done correctly was on October 3. Since yesterday I have tried to perform on-demand depth-scan on-demand and the scan is frozen after a while. It says it continues to scan, but does not advance and takes almost six hours, with only 1568 objects analyzed. Even the scan clock stops from a certain time and then goes back to advancing the time it had been stopped. It is as if the process advances from jump to jump without actually advancing the analysis of the objects.

It is not possible to pause or stop the scan manually by clicking on the respective buttons. Nor can I stop the scan from the task manager by stopping the ESET process (the task manager says it is not possible). The scan is not stopped if I turn off and turn on again the computer. Once switched on, the analysis continues. The only way I could stop scanning is by disabling ESET in the computer startup programs and restarting the computer.

Smart scan works properly. What happens?

Thanks in advance.

Scan.jpg

Edited by AlSky
Misprint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

This issue will be fixed via an automatic module update within 1-2 weeks. As a workaround, please unselect the registry in scan target selection.

Thank you so much for answering. Apparently most users who have had problems were after installing version 16.2.15.0. However, I installed it and was able to scan depth without problems on October 3. The problem came up when I tried a new scan this month.

I'm waiting for the update to fix this. When it appears, please let us know so we can check if the problem is fixed.

Thank you in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

You can now switch to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup and see if the new Cleaner module resolved the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can now switch to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup and see if the new Cleaner module resolved the issue.

Hello, Marcos. Do you mean the version 17 of the ESET product? According to the Spanish tech support (I wrote them last Friday about this issue thinking my ESET product was corrupted and only the weekend I wrote in this forum) they confirm there is a problem with the disinfection module 1244 but they say the version 17 will be released only in 2024.

Thank you in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, itman said:

Not so according to Eset publication;

Eset_v17.png.2340cd4df4bd5f4438e43c9fcf1490f0.png.f9712450be33ce0be9906a078f8e7d64.png

Hello and thanks. Is expected the disinfection module 1245, that should fix the problems with the depth-scan, to be released soon? It will be automatic or it will be necessary to do some settings in the ESET product?

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Cleaner module 1245 is already available on the pre-release update channel.

image.png

Hello and thank you for the answer.

ESET Spain technical support has told me that the update will be released for all users in open way tomorrow or the next Thursday. Is it true?

Best regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
On 11/7/2023 at 10:13 PM, AlSky said:

Hello and thank you for the answer.

ESET Spain technical support has told me that the update will be released for all users in open way tomorrow or the next Thursday. Is it true?

Best regards.

Updates often get rolled out in batches. This avoids people all downloading something and then an undiscovered bug appears.

You can also change your settings to allow pre release updates to get these early. Eset prefers users to enable this option as often fixes to issues are included so they need more users on it to confirm if the fixes work, any more issues etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, peteyt said:

Updates often get rolled out in batches. This avoids people all downloading something and then an undiscovered bug appears.

You can also change your settings to allow pre release updates to get these early. Eset prefers users to enable this option as often fixes to issues are included so they need more users on it to confirm if the fixes work, any more issues etc.

Hello. Does anyone know if the 1245 version has been released yet? According to ESET Spain technical support, its development was suffering from some problems (and I don't want to install something that could be problematic), but it was supposed to be released already and does not appear to me as available. That is why I would like to know if it has already been officially released for all users or I should worry that maybe there is some other problem with my ESET product that prevents the update of the module.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

We are anticipating an update of the Antivirus and antispyware module before we start releasing the Cleaner module 1245.

Hello and thanks. Is this update the version 17 of the ESET product?

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 6:47 PM, Marcos said:

We are anticipating an update of the Antivirus and antispyware module before we start releasing the Cleaner module 1245.

We are waiting for this over a month now. our in depth scan takes double of time if we selected "system registry".

When it will available and works as usual on regular update channel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

We'll need to release the Antivirus and antispyware module 1605.2 to all users first (most likely within a week) and then we'll continue with the release of the Cleaner module 1245.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2023 at 9:56 AM, Marcos said:

We'll need to release the Antivirus and antispyware module 1605.2 to all users first (most likely within a week) and then we'll continue with the release of the Cleaner module 1245.

Thank you, Marcos. The version 17 of ESET product isn't released openly yet in my area (Spain). Will it take much more time?

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 minutes ago, AlSky said:

Thank you, Marcos. The version 17 of ESET product isn't released openly yet in my area (Spain). Will it take much more time?

Automatic update to v17 on the regular update channel should be resumed in 1-2 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, simplicissimus said:

Much more important than the release of version 17 is that the problem with the deep scan has finally been solved after more than a month!

Has it been fixed? I still have the version 1244 of the module of disinfection. Was not it necessary to hope that they should release the version 1245?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2023 at 3:43 PM, Marcos said:

Automatic update to v17 on the regular update channel should be resumed in 1-2 days.

Thank you very much. Is it true that the problem with depth scan is solved? But the the version of the module of disinfection is yet the 1244, not updated to 1245.

Best regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 minute ago, AlSky said:

Thank you very much. Is it true that the problem with depth scan is solved? But the the version of the module of disinfection is yet the 1244, not updated to 1245.

Cleaner 1245 is currently on the pre-release update channel. We'll continue with the release once the Antivirus and antispyware module 1605.2 with a workaround for the issue has been received by all users.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Cleaner 1245 is currently on the pre-release update channel. We'll continue with the release once the Antivirus and antispyware module 1605.2 with a workaround for the issue has been received by all users.

Thanks. So it means that the users that we still have the version 1244 we need the version 1245 to the depth-scan problem gets fixed, right? The user who says in this thread that the problem is fixed must have installed version 1245 from the pre-release channel. Right?

Best regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AlSky said:

The user who says in this thread that the problem is fixed must have installed version 1245 from the pre-release channel. Right?

He noted that it was fixed in ver. 17;

22 hours ago, simplicissimus said:

Much more important than the release of version 17 is that the problem with the deep scan has finally been solved after more than a month!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, simplicissimus said:

Much more important than the release of version 17 is that the problem with the deep scan has finally been solved after more than a month!

 

My mistake ... sorry ... I meant to say:

Much more important than the release of version 17 is that the problem with the deep scan will finally be solved after more than a month!

... I was probably already asleep when I wrote that the issue has been solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, simplicissimus said:

 

My mistake ... sorry ... I meant to say:

Much more important than the release of version 17 is that the problem with the deep scan will finally be solved after more than a month!

... I was probably already asleep when I wrote that the issue has been solved.

Ah, so you talk in future, you mean it will be fixed, but it hasn't been solved yet, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...