Cloud migration and stranded clients

j-gray

We recently moved EI and EP to the cloud. However, I'm finding clients still stuck on the on-prem EI Server. They are not on either EP Server, neither cloud nor on-prem, so I'm assuming the EP agent got corrupted at some point, as we find from time to time.

Is there any method where we can easily point these clients to the correct EI Cloud server?

I'm guessing our only option at this point is to locate those random systems and uninstall the old EP agent and install the new one. This definitely is not ideal.

• Administrators

When troubleshooting agent replication issues, please start with checking C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html  and trace.log for possible errors. You can post the logs here for us to check.

Thanks for the reply. In this case these are OS X devices. They typically just stop communicating and we must uninstall/reinstall the EP agent. 

On OS X, the status.html page is not viewable remotely and if copied it provides no information.

I was able to remotely generate the customer_info.tgz file and look at the trace.log file. It's essentially full of the following, repeating several times per second:

2023-10-18 06:29:26 Warning: CEES7MConnectorModule [Thread 0x700003827000]: Failed to execute ERALoginToLogd message to logd.
2023-10-18 06:29:26 Error: CEES7MConnectorModule [Thread 0x700003827000]: Initial connection to product failed. Daemon is probably not running
2023-10-18 06:29:36 Warning: CEES7MConnectorModule [Thread 0x700003827000]: Failed to execute ERALoginToLogd message to logd.

And when I run the restart_agent.sh command from the device, I get: "Failed to restart ESET Management Agent".

• ESET Moderators

Hello @j-gray,

I may confirm that the development team identified several issues on the macOS management agent and commit fixes for them, so those will be available in the next released version of the management agent.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.

Note for us: P_EP-29414