How to roll back the update from 10.1.2046 to 10.0.2045?

labynko

• Administrators

Please elaborate more on why you would like to roll back to the previous version. V10.0 is in limited support now. Installers could be provided by technical support if there's an actual problem that prevents you from using the latest v10.1.

I have a previous version installer.

The new version does not support specifying an environment variable (%userprofile% and others) in firewall rules, so after the update, many rules that are distributed through policies stopped working.

• Administrators

Just to make sure, switching to the pre-release update channel didn't help? In particular, check if it works with these modules or not:

Firewall module;1438.2
Configuration module;2075.3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, labynko said:

Will this solve the described problem?

That's what we would like you to confirm. If it solves your problem or not.

• Administrators

Do you update from ESET's servers or from a local mirror? All Endpoint v10 users have already received the latest firewall module yesterday or earlier so switching to the pre-release update channel should not be needed any more.

At our customers we suddenly have third-party software like Veeam being blocked which never were blocked before. Tried the pre-release version but no change.

I now have to start making rules for all the software not working anymore which didnt have any issues at all before the update

Unlike OP, restarts dont help for us obviously.

Edited by PatrickB

59 minutes ago, Marcos said:

That's what we would like you to confirm. If it solves your problem or not.

In 10.1.2046 this problem was solved by configuring updates according to your instructions.

But that's not the last problem ...

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, labynko said:

In 10.1.2046 this problem was solved by configuring updates according to your instructions.

Do you update Endpoint on clients from a mirror? The thing is that Endpoint 10.x should have already received the latest version of modules yesterday at latest without the need to activate pre-release updates.

But that's not the last problem ...

What other issues are you having with v10.1?

what should we do for mirror networks ? it seems that networks with Server Security Mirror have still the problem because they did not receive 1438.2 .

Problem with DameWare Mini Remote Control 12.2.4.11.

Now, when trying to connect to a remote computer at the last stage ("Initializing Desktop. Please wait..."), the connection hangs.

Edited by labynko

Same problem. Using offline update via Mirror tool. In our case , we did not receive FW module updates. Why, because updates via Mirror tool for EP10 has only DLL folder, and not detection engine updates. So we were using EP9 folder for offline updates... Please can you repair EP10 structure created by Mirror tool, also include engine updates? THank you. As workaround we copy DLL folder from EP10 to EP9 and FW modules for v10 endpoints has updated, and all FW rules are working...

Edited by kelepe

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, kelepe said:

Same problem. Using offline update via Mirror tool. In our case , we did not receive FW module updates. Why, because updates via Mirror tool for EP10 has only DLL folder, and not detection engine updates. So we were using EP9 folder for offline updates... Please can you repair EP10 structure created by Mirror tool, also include engine updates? THank you. As workaround we copy DLL folder from EP10 to EP9 and FW modules for v10 endpoints has updated, and all FW rules are working...

When updating Endpoint from a mirror, v10 must be updated from the v10 folder, v9 from the v9 folder, etc. While update files are same, sometimes (like this time) we release module updates for a particular Endpoint version in the first round, e.g. when the modules are necessary for correct functioning of the program.

I've tried running the mirror tool and it created an offline mirror for v10 alright. Please explain what you meant by " because updates via Mirror tool for EP10 has only DLL folder". Endpoint uses dll modules and dll.nup files in the mirror for update. Only very old versions (Endpoint 6.5 and older) were using dat files instead of dll but those are already EOL and not supported.

Marcos, what version of Mirror toll are you using? Or can you post cmd what are you using. In our case only EP9 folder has nup files for Detection engine. EP 10 folder has only DLL folder , and dll.nup files....

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, kelepe said:

Marcos, what version of Mirror toll are you using? Or can you post cmd what are you using. In our case only EP9 folder has nup files for Detection engine. EP 10 folder has only DLL folder , and dll.nup files....

Mirror Tool v1.0.1560.0

It creates a complete mirror of v10 update files *.dll.nup (\mirror\eset_upd\ep10\dll\update.ver), including the engine.

mirrortool --outputDirectory mirror --offlineLicenseFilename mirrorEES.lf --mirrorType=regular --intermediateUpdateDirectory temp --excludedProducts=ep4 ep5 ep6 ep7 ep8 ep9 era6

Thank you Marcos. I have just double checked our cmd, pretty much the same, except we do not explude ep9 product. EP9 mirror structure \mirror\eset_upd\ep9\dll\update.ver (all dll.nup files) and \mirror\eset_upd\ep9\update.ver (all engine updates *.nup). EP10 folder structure \mirror\eset_upd\ep10\dll\update.ver (all dll.nup files) not \mirror\eset_upd\ep10\update.ver and therefore no *.nup files.... Running Mirror tool v1.0.1560.0  on differernt computers, none of them give me \mirror\eset_upd\ep10\update.ver. Or am i missing something???

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2023 at 8:45 AM, kelepe said:

I have just tested to use only EP10 mirror folder, and also detection engine has updated. So I was misled with the structure from EP9. My bad.

Hi, I am facing the same issue:

Updating EFS 10 does not work (offline) when ./ep10 mirror folder is configured: 

/opt/eset/efs/bin/upd -u -> File does not exist.

(Using ESET Server Security for Linux EFS 10.0.328.0, Mirror Tool v1.0.2481.0)

But updating EFS 10 works fine if ./ep9 mirror folder is configured.

After first run of MirrorTool on a new installed machine the folder structure of ./ep9 and ./ep10 differs, exactly like kelepe stated:

./ep9 folder contains files and dll subfolder.

./ep10 folder contains only dll subfolder. This is not sufficient for ESET 10.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, mianfca said:

Updating EFS 10 does not work (offline) when ./ep10 mirror folder is configured:

Please refer to the instructions for updating Linux products using the mirror tool: https://help.eset.com/protect_install/10.1/en-US/mirror_tool_windows.html.

ESET security products for Linux/macOS

You must specify the --updateServer parameter and create additional folders to update ESET security products for Linux/macOS from the HTTP mirror (see below).

--updateServer

Additional Mirror Tool folder

ESET security product

Update server (according to your HTTP server root location)

http://update.eset.com/eset_upd/businesslinux

mirror/eset_upd/BusinessLinux

ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux

http://your_server_address/mirror/eset_upd/BusinessLinux

http://update.eset.com/eset_upd/serverlinux

mirror/eset_upd/LinuxServer

ESET Server Security for Linux

http://your_server_address/mirror/eset_upd/LinuxServer

Thank you for the fast response!

I confirm that following missing param

--updateServer hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/serverlinux

was the solution for me (Server security for linux).

As I am not using a HTTP Mirror but the offline update method, if I copy the content of the outputDirectory from following call

MirrorTool --mirrorType regular --intermediateUpdateDirectory "$MIRROR_TMP" --offlineLicenseFilename "$LIC" --mirrorOnlyLevelUpdates --outputDirectory "$MIRROR_DIR" --excludedProducts era6 ep9 ep8 ep7 ep6 ep5 ep4 safetica sharepoint domino --updateServer hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/serverlinux

to an offline machine, the offline machine performs the ESET 10 update correctly. I did not have to add any folder (like /LinuxServer).

The only thing which is surprising me is the output of the MirrorToor, where it states ".. product 'unknown'..".

Mirror Tool v1.0.2481.0, Copyright (c) ESET, spol. s r.o. 1992-2023. All rights reserved.

Creating mirror directly from link: hxxp://update.eset.com/eset_upd/serverlinux.

Mirror type changed to regular
Initialization
Initialization finished
Perform full mirror started

Update status for product 'unknown' changed to: Preparing structures and analyzing

Downloading file: update.ver.signed. Downloaded: 100 %
Update status for product 'unknown' changed to: Downloading files

Downloading file: em025_64_l2.nup. Downloaded: 37 %
Update status for product 'unknown' changed to: Updating

Downloaded: 100 %
Update status for product 'unknown' changed to: Finished

Perform full mirror finished
Uninitialization
Uninitialization finished
Mirror created successfully