Computer Group Management

Hello,

Is it possible to reassign devices to static groups using an automated task from the console? If not, is there a way to distribute devices into dynamic groups based on a pre-existing file on each device?

I've searched through the available tasks and rules but haven't found anything that fits this need. Is there a way to make ESET recognize this file as an application, allowing me to create a rule based on it?

Thank you for your help.

• Administrators

You can use a Static group sync task (server task) to sync computers and groups with a directory server. It is not possible to create a dynamic group based on the existence of a specific file on a disk.

image.png

• 1 month later...

I tried this. But it doesn't seem to work. I have created a sync task with custom ldap parameters because yours couldn't find security groups. I can see the security groups thanks to my nodes filtering. Also I can see that in order to distinguish computers I had to put  ObjectClass computer but it seems that it cannot find the members of that, so the group stays empty. Is there a way to troubleshoot this. Maybe check the query that the application is doing on the server and try to investigate why it doesn't show the devices?

• Administrators

Please raise a support ticket for further troubleshooting of the issue.