This Memory Usage is happening again

This happening again with Firefox anyone else?

I noticed that when I use firefox to watch discovery plus and have google chrome open to play pogo memory for Eset Service goes up to 234 mb.  After I'm done about an hour later it will go back down to 47mb.  But If I use Microsoft Edge to watch discovery and google chrome  to play pogo it stays around 60 to 70 mb.  Why so much memory when using firefox doing the same thing with the other two browsers.

8 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

So I guess I'm only one seeing this happen when I open Firefox, Edge or Chrome?

Mine has this information, take a print of how yours is. Detail, I have Chrome open.

Take a print of how yours is so that we can better see what is happening.

image.png.b92ab8dac33ab182c753c055e452371c.png

This is what my looks like when I open Firefox, Edge or Chrome.  If I turn off SSL/TLS  applications for those browsers then it stays at 57.1 mb.  But once I turn back on SSL/TLS  for those browsers it will got to 205.3.

eset pic.PNG

1 hour ago, Purpleroses said:

This is what my looks like when I open Firefox, Edge or Chrome.  If I turn off SSL/TLS  applications for those browsers then it stays at 57.1 mb.  But once I turn back on SSL/TLS  for those browsers it will got to 205.3.

eset pic.PNG

What version of Eset are you using?

9 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

I'm using version 16.0.26.0

Hard to know the problem, checks the problem is the extensions you have in your browser. disable all of them and check if it lowers the size to 57MB

I have disabled all extensions and still goes to 205 MB.  But if I disabled SSL/TLS  for those browsers then it stays in the 50MB.  But once turned back on it goes up to 205MB.

• ESET Moderators

If the memory is freed i.e. it goes down after a while or after closing the applications, I assume it is fine.
The ESET service needs to decrypt, scan the traffic and pass it to the applications, which might be resource intensive...

Well I know last week this didn't happen.  So I don't know what would have changed.  If you look under this posting. 

Edited by Purpleroses