Eset Smart Security Premium vs Endpoint Security

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Good evening, I have doubts about these two solutions:
1 - Which of these two is more complete?
2 - Which of these two protects the user better?
3 - Why do they have different versions of Endpoint(10.0.2045.0 and Smart Security(16.0.26.0), since many say in the from that they are the same?
4 - Some Endpoint modules take a little longer to update than Smart Security, why?
5 - For which environment do you recommend the two antiviruses and why?
6 - Me as a common user but I have good knowledge in informatics which one would you recommend me? it's because?

• Administrators

It's like comparing apples with oranges. While ESET Smart Security Premium is for home users, Endpoint provides business features, such as remote administration or update from a mirror. It's not about which protects better. In companies with more than 5 users we strongly recommend using Endpoint. Also Endpoint receives sensitive module updates with a little delay compared to consumer products.

I kindly ask if you can answer item by item with details, because an answer that covers everything is difficult for all users who have the same doubt as I am having.
Thanks...👍

• Administrators
  • Solution

1, As I wrote, it's comparing apples with oranges. Both solutions are complete for the targeted group of users. Even business product bundles differ:

image.png

2, Both protect the same way, especially if you have Endpoint coupled with ESET LiveGuard Advanced.

3, They are apples and oranges, although based on the same core, hence different versioning.

4, Already mentioned that consumer products typically receive sensitive module updates gradually in the first wave before business products.

5, For home users we recommend ESET Smart Security Premium or Internet Security, for SOHO and business environments with 5 and more machines business (Endpoint) solutions couple with ESET LiveGuard Advanced.

6, It depends on what environment you're in. If you use up to 5 devices and don't need remote administration, update from a mirror, etc. ESET Smart Security Premium would provide maximum protection.

19 hours ago, Marcos said:

1, As I wrote, it's comparing apples with oranges. Both solutions are complete for the targeted group of users. Even business product bundles differ:

image.png

2, Both protect the same way, especially if you have Endpoint coupled with ESET LiveGuard Advanced.

3, They are apples and oranges, although based on the same core, hence different versioning.

4, Already mentioned that consumer products typically receive sensitive module updates gradually in the first wave before business products.

5, For home users we recommend ESET Smart Security Premium or Internet Security, for SOHO and business environments with 5 and more machines business (Endpoint) solutions couple with ESET LiveGuard Advanced.

6, It depends on what environment you're in. If you use up to 5 devices and don't need remote administration, update from a mirror, etc. ESET Smart Security Premium would provide maximum protection.

Thank you very much, your answer helped me a lot, it was very simple and clear thank you very much