ESET going mad and wanting to delete my windows prces and start up Apps.

I am on the new Win 11 Dev build from the 3rd March and all was well till today I simply enabled HDR to add Edge to the programs list under Graphics to use my GPU more in Edge and on reboot ESET wants to many things and already has quarantined some and I cannot restore them.

If I did not disable ESET I could not be here on this forum or even open Spotify as it want to delete its exe.

2023-03-03.png

• Administrators

The files should no longer be detected. They were not signed, were new (about a week old) and very few users had them on their machines.

Also wants to delete AIDA64 on startup for some reason.

I am going to check for update, reboot and see what happens today and if still ongoing get you the logs.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Temp Member said:

Also wants to delete AIDA64 on startup for some reason.

I've just installed AIDA64 Extreme trial version without problems, no file was detected with aggressive detection settings.

• Marcos changed the title to ESET going mad and wanting to delete my windows prces and start up Apps.

Mine was not updating just loading at startup, I just got another pop up due to installing an update for WindowMananger.

DeskSoft - WindowManager - Window position and size manager

It seems my legit Sofware I have used for years are getting flagged for accessing legit Windows files during update or startup.

2023-03-05-2.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Temp Member said:

Mine was not updating just loading at startup, I just got another pop up due to installing an update for WindowMananger.

DeskSoft - WindowManager - Window position and size manager

It seems my legit Sofware I have used for years are getting flagged for accessing legit Windows files during update or startup.

I didn't get any file detected during the download nor installation of the above software. Are you getting some of the application files detected?

56 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I didn't get any file detected during the download nor installation of the above software. Are you getting some of the application files detected?

OP stated:

2 hours ago, Temp Member said:

• Administrators

Should certain files still be detected as suspicious, please copy and paste the appropriate record from the Detections logs.

I've installed the trial version and tried to update it but it was already up to date and no detection was triggered:

image.png