SSL (HTTPS/IMAPS/POP3S) scanning in macOS product yet?

bld

• Administrators

You can add port 443 to the list of scanned ports which helps in url filtering of https sites. Support for SSL is planned later for v7 products.

In the thread I linked above, you said the same thing: "SSL filtering will be included in v7 products which are planned for 2019/2020." It's now almost FOUR YEARS past that.

I see the macOS product is still the same crippled thing it has been for a decade. Clearly, this is never going to be fixed.

This is so disappointing and disgusting that you have finally shaken my faith in NOD32 for Windows too. My 3-year license is expiring, which is why I was back here looking. You could have had me for both platforms -- but trust has finally been eliminated. I am no longer your customer.

Edited by bld

5 hours ago, bld said:

I see the macOS product is still the same crippled thing it has been for a decade. Clearly, this is never going to be fixed.

That’s also for me the most negative. For macOS, Eset is really not the fastest in improving for Home users. Others may have a more modern approach.

Regarding SSL decryption: This would be a real game changer and outstanding feature (although the activation of such is controversely discussed resulting in pros and cons). I do not know any other big named professional company who has implemented it, except Kaspersky (in a basic way). Do you? I also know of Avast and AVG, but would not change to those. 

Edited by bEeReE