How to dismiss "Your operating system is outdated."

SwansonAssoc
Go to solution Solved by John Dow,

When NOD32 updated to version 16.0.22.0, it started giving me a yellow "Attention required" warning with a message "Your operating system is outdated."  I am running Windows 7, and have read the notification that this may be the last version of NOD32 to run on Windows 7.  I understand that.  Now, how do I dismiss/disable the warning/notification?

--Thanks,
--Robert

• Most Valued Members
On 11/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, SwansonAssoc said:

Thank you John.

For NOD32, goto Advanced Setup, then to Notifications, and then the General category, and at the bottom of that, uncheck "Your operating system is outdated."

Get rid of Windows7 it's better choice , it's like wearing a bullets' vest against rockets , it's not helpful.

3 hours ago, Nightowl said:

Get rid of Windows7 it's better choice , it's like wearing a bullets' vest against rockets , it's not helpful.

In fact I got rid of Windows 7 and passed without any cost to Windows 10.

Remember that upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is still freely available online, and you can choose to keep your existing programs/documents at the beginning of the installation phase.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

In case one has problems with "Media creation tool", you can download Windows 10 ISO following this simple procedure

https://winbuzzer.com/2021/03/19/how-to-download-the-lastest-windows-10-iso-without-the-media-creation-tool-xcxwbt/

• Most Valued Members

That's great :) Staying with an Operating System that receives updates on regular basis (supported) is much better than using one that got left out of support.