Outlook really slow to open with ESET Endpoint Antivirus 9.1.2051.0

On 11/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, Marcos said:

V9.0 and older used to cause sync issues if an email message was modified concurrently on more devices. The next version of Endpoint 9.1 will contain additional optimizations that should resolve your issues.

Hope so, as this will be the 3rd version that apparently fixes the issue, yet nearly 5 months later were still having to roll people back to an older version so they can work properly in Outlook, only so many excuses i can keep making to my clients about ESET before they get fed up and start questioning why they are running old versions of software.

FYI, regarding the Outlook plugin that is mentioned here (eplgOutlookFix-20221115). Support advised that a new setting/option has been released that does "virtually the same using this plugin".

The new setting can be found in Policies here: Settings / Web and Email / Email Client Protection / Special Settings / "Advanced email client processing"

image.png.af755a0984bfe3bcc885209a7eb07a7a.png

Has anyone tested this setting or the plugin yet? Unfortunately I am not seeing a difference in my case. Outlook still hangs and becomes unresponsive if shared mailboxes are connected. I would appreciate if others could share their experiences as we are currently stuck on version 9.0.2046.0 due to these ongoing issues.

To make things worse, we are now seeing this intrusive message everywhere (on version 9.0.2046.0) and there does not seem to be a way to hide it, assuming this information is correct. This is so confusing for all users. Why on earth is this displayed for business users.

image.png.77e12252fd560bea3f6830d4c161bc90.png

image.png.c1718fd6a41f3fa382be33f741e4c646.png

Edited by st3fan

**FIX**. Same was happening to me whereas you go to open an attachment and may take 30-60 seconds to open. I took these steps (may not necessarily be the order required but this worked in this order)...

:: remove ESET extension from outlook
:: restart computer and open outlook. check no ESET extension
:: keep outlook open. uninstall Eset then reinstall and remove ALL email settings ( null /email client protection then click it's right side settings and null email integration, clients, protocols, tags, antispam protection

check in Outlook. restart puter to confirm. Bingo for me. Be aware Outlook may (or may not) be susceptible to spam/emails but hey, it's back to normal.

LOVE ESET OTHERWISE. please fix this small issue.

Disabling the plugin and Outlook email integration is not an option for us unfortunately. This is a key component in our environment.

• 1 month later...

FYI, the below settings are working for us at the moment. We are still testing on version 9.1.2060.0.

Special settings:
Attachment handling optimization: enabled
Advanced email client processing: disabled

Email to scan:
Received email: enabled
Sent email: disabled
Read email: disabled
Modified email: disabled

How is everyone else doing?

On 1/10/2023 at 9:15 AM, st3fan said:

How is everyone else doing?

Staying on 9.0.2046 for the clients that have Outlook with 2+ shared mailboxes in daily constant use.

For everyone else who doesnt use shared mailboxes, or only uses the odd SM occasionally then they are on the latest version and dont generally complain as they dont see the performance hit as much.

Waiting for the next v10 release to see it hopefully fixed for good

Edited by FTL

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, karsayor said:

Hello, any news about the definitive fix @Marcos?

Looks like Marcos has commented on another thread here about the release:

"We are finalizing the service release of Endpoint v10. When released, you can send a software install task to clients to upgrade them to the latest version or wait 2-4 weeks until it upgrades automatically if you have automatic program updates enabled. "

16 hours ago, FTL said:

ooks like Marcos has commented on another thread here about the release:

"We are finalizing

So 9.1.2063 has been released and seem to be the fix to this issue ?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, karsayor said:

So 9.1.2063 has been released and seem to be the fix to this issue ?

Yes, according to changelog:
IMPROVED: Improve stability and compatibility of Email client protection for MS Outlook 3rd party plugins

V10 with additional fixes will follow soon.

• 2 months later...

Now, Since Friday we are seeing this same issue with 10.0.2045.0

Outlook doesn't keep up with keystrokes, attachments can take minutes to open, general slowness changing folders etc.

Once again, disabling Outlook Integration resolves the slowness.

We are seeing this too, especially Outlook not keeping up with keystrokes. Not everyone is affected by this. Users with 1 shared mailbox seem to be fine. Users who use several shared mailboxes are complaining about slow performance and the keystroke issue. We had to install 9.0.2046.0 there.

• Administrators

If you are willing I can send you a newer version of the Outlook plug-in for a test and to generate logs that should help developers pinpoint the issue.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, MarkR said:

@Marcos does that last post mean there are still known issues with the Outlook plugin that comes with endpoint antivirus v10.0.2045.0 ?

Some further email processing optimizations were made after v10.0.2045.

• 2 months later...