Outlook really slow to open with ESET Endpoint Antivirus 9.1.2051.0

Will this update also be available to end users such as myself who have this exact issue with outlook, but have Eset Internet Security and, if so, is there a rough estimate on availability?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Chogger said:

Will this update also be available to end users such as myself who have this exact issue with outlook, but have Eset Internet Security and, if so, is there a rough estimate on availability?

The fixes will be included in home products v16 in a few weeks. It's possible to contact technical support who will provide a fixed version of the plug-in for manual installation before v16.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

The fixes will be included in home products v16 in a few weeks. It's possible to contact technical support who will provide a fixed version of the plug-in for manual installation before v16.

Thank you - support have provided me with the updated plugin and initial impressions suggest that the issue is resolved, but I will continue to test.

Turning off the  EMAIL TO SCAN Modified email has also fixed it for us, were getting constant AppHangB1 crashes in Outlook.exe

EMAIL TO SCAN

Modified email

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to be behaving itself on my system too on 9.1.60.0 😀

Will roll it out to some users over the weekend and guage their responces Monday.

@Marcos - what was the exact issue and how was it resolved?

Edited by FTL

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, FTL said:

@Marcos - what was the exact issue and how was it resolved?

Some operations were delayed when more shared mailboxes with delegated access are detected to prevent the slowdown on Outlook start.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been following this thread as I had to uninstall eset for most of September to continue working. The latest 9.1.2060 version has improved things but during the eset startup scan every morning my Outlook is unusable (task manager will show outlook and eset using all the cpu). When it's finished the scan it's usable but still frustrating to use, for example typing an email will freeze mid word for 2 seconds, then suddenly catch up with what has been typed.

I currently have 28 shared mailboxes and 16 online archives open in my outlook which I presume is making things worse.

My pc is a bit old but it does have an ssd & 16gb ram. Earlier in the year I had no issues with Outlook with Eset.

I have upgraded from 9.0.2046.0 to 9.1.2060.0 and my Outlook is not as responsive as it used to be. Scanning of received/read/modified emails is enabled in my case. We use shared mailboxes with delegated access (I have 3 shared mailboxes open in Outlook). I have not done a lot of tests yet but I have noticed a difference between the two versions. I will deploy 9.1.2060.0 to a few test users and will report back if they are seeing the same.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Todney said:

I've been following this thread as I had to uninstall eset for most of September to continue working. The latest 9.1.2060 version has improved things but during the eset startup scan every morning my Outlook is unusable (task manager will show outlook and eset using all the cpu). When it's finished the scan it's usable but still frustrating to use, for example typing an email will freeze mid word for 2 seconds, then suddenly catch up with what has been typed.

I currently have 28 shared mailboxes and 16 online archives open in my outlook which I presume is making things worse.

This week we should have a newer version of the Outlook plug-in ready for testing. It will contain further optimizations for getting information from remote accounts.

Is anyone else starting to have issues after the latest 2210 build of Outlook or across multiple 7-9.x ESET versions where Outlook will just stop updating the Inbox and it seems to be that even disabling the ESET Outlook plugin it is still stuck?  We are removing the OST file from the client and letting it rebuild/resync and that seems to fix it but it seems to be a recent new issue with either MS or ESET and I'm not seeing many other people report this so wondering if it is some ESET conflict...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, Marcos said:

This week we should have a newer version of the Outlook plug-in ready for testing. It will contain further optimizations for getting information from remote accounts.

Any news on this please Marcos?

9.1.2160 is still a real PITA with Outlook and shared mailboxes - makes them hang, crash, slow down to a complete crawl.

Still having to put some clients back to 9.0.2046 which is the last known good working version with Outlook

Thanks

• Administrators

I'd recommend opening a support ticket. Technical support will provide you with the latest version of the Outlook plug-in for testing as well as with installation instructions (you can refer it as eplgOutlookFix-20221115). The plug-in will need to be uninstalled prior to upgrading to a newer version of Endpoint in the future.

Hi

We cannot afford to fix this manually, we have many customers and doing this would take way too much time. Do you know when a full version of endpoint containing fix will be released?

Some outlook clients are crashing because of this, and we had to disable the plugin via policy to allow customers to work

Edited by karsayor

Hi ,

Today all clients (200 ) with 9.0.2046.0 , office 365 , outlook version 2210(Build 15726.20202) .

To all its users many (good senders)  messages go to spam .

Disable outlook Junk Email option not working .

Disable eset outlook plug-in  everything works fine .

We are waiting from June for a good update .

it's time to change antivirus protections.

First time after 5 years with problem without solution after 5 months 

Thanks 

Tasos 

• Administrators

Sounds as if your emails were incorrectly evaluated as spam. Please drop me a personal message with such test email in the eml or msg format.

As others have mentioned on this thread, version 9.1.2160.0 does not work well with Outlook and shared mailboxes. We have tested this for more than a month now. Outlook frequently hangs, becomes unresponsive and sometimes crashes. We had to uninstall and reinstall version 9.0.2046.0, which is nice and responsive in comparison.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, st3fan said:

We had to uninstall and reinstall version 9.0.2046.0, which is nice and responsive in comparison.

V9.0 and older used to cause sync issues if an email message was modified concurrently on more devices. The next version of Endpoint 9.1 will contain additional optimizations that should resolve your issues.