Outlook really slow to open with ESET Endpoint Antivirus 9.1.2051.0

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, TMCMG said:

to date we have had to deactivate all outlook plug-ins for over 50 customers.

ESET Endpoint v9.1.2057 with fixes in the Outlook plug-in was released yesterday. Please make sure to install it if you are experiencing problems with Outlook.

Will Eset Internet Security also be getting this update, as I have exactly the same issue with delays in Outlook via Office365 that are solved by turning off the Eset Email Plugin (current version 15.2.11.0)?

Just to add a bit more detail - with the plugin enabled, when you open Outlook you just get a mostly blank page with 'Loading.....' appearing for many seconds. With the plugin disabled, the emails are there instantly.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Chogger said:

Will Eset Internet Security also be getting this update, as I have exactly the same issue with delays in Outlook via Office365 that are solved by turning off the Eset Email Plugin (current version 15.2.11.0)?

You can download v15.2.17 from https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/. This new version is going to be released next week. Let us know if it resolves the issue.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Command IT said:

Not sure what v9.1.2057 was supposed to fix, but it certainly hasn't fixed the startup slowness and slow response within Outlook

Please provide logs created with Endpoint 9.1.2057 as follows:

1, Close MS Outlook
2, Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
3, Launch Outlook and reproduce the issue
4, Stop logging
5, Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can download v15.2.17 from https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/. This new version is going to be released next week. Let us know if it resolves the issue.

Eset Internet Security 15.2.17 downloaded and installed. If anything, Outlook is now even slower to open and the loading.... appears for longer with the plugin enabled. Disabling the plugin restores normal performance.

Diagnostics run as per the instructions above and uploaded with this post.

Diagnostics.rar

Hello ! 

Deployed 9.1.2057.0 across numerous stations yesterday (around 400) and received some level of complaints in Outlook performance. Mainly displaying 1 email and switching to another took 5-10 sec. 

As stated in July, the fix involving turning off "modified email" work in email client section of advanced config worked.

I will also empty the sync issue folder to see if any improvement has been made in the sense too.

Still observing... but they can work now.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:02 AM, Command IT said:

Not sure what v9.1.2057 was supposed to fix, but it certainly hasn't fixed the startup slowness and slow response within Outlook

Yep i concur, all of my 2051 clients that have put up with it are still affected with 2057.

9.0.2046 we shall stay still for the rest!

• Administrators

Just to make sure, if you look under Info -> Account information in MS Outlook, do you have several accounts there? Delegated folders for instance?

@Marcos Yep - This one have only one account plus two full mailbox delegation (huge mailboxes 40-50 each) - All in cached mode. She have the Outlook patch for a bigger than 50 gb pst... Reenable scanning of changed email brings back the lag.

To be frank - I have not much complaints than I expected from other users - other tested stations at this site are functioning correctly at 9.1.2057 ou 9.1.2051

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Novacom said:

Yep - This one have only one account plus two full mailbox delegation (huge mailboxes 40-50 each) - All in cached mode. She have the Outlook patch for a bigger than 50 gb pst... Reenable scanning of changed email brings back the lag.

Our developers would be interested in getting diagnostic logs from this system. Please carry on as follows:

1. Close MS Outlook
  2. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

Just to make sure, if you look under Info -> Account information in MS Outlook, do you have several accounts there? Delegated folders for instance?

In my case users complaining do have only there own mailbox in accounts but do have full control granted to other mailboxes - a mix of other active licenced o365 users and shared mailboxes - however shared mailboxes are not cached.

I didnt have the general laggy performance when opeing email/typing etc on mine, but i did have the blank screen when opening Outlook rather than showing the inbox, and it only displayed after about 20-30 seconds after it had Connected to Exchange.

Just tested by removing all my delegated/shared mailboxes and now outlook opens normally on 9.1.2057 as it did before the bug was introduced in 9.1.2051, so your definately looking in the right direction Marcos!

Edited by FTL

How can I prevent my copy of Internet Security from updating to the latest version automatically and where can I find the last version before this bug was introduced as I would like to roll back whilst the search for a fix continues?

I managed to download an earlier version, but even though I unticked the 'install newer version; as part of the install version, the program installed and then instantly wanted to restart to put the latest version on top?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Chogger said:

How can I prevent my copy of Internet Security from updating to the latest version automatically and where can I find the last version before this bug was introduced as I would like to roll back whilst the search for a fix continues?

You can control product auto updates via auto-update policies:

image.png

Thank you, but there is nothing like that on my version of Internet Security. I can turn product updates on or off, but there is no option that I can see to 'stop updates'

1.png

• Administrators
On 8/28/2022 at 10:41 PM, Chogger said:

Thank you, but there is nothing like that on my version of Internet Security. I can turn product updates on or off, but there is no option that I can see to 'stop updates'

1.png

That's because you have ESET Internet Security but posted in the Endpoint forum. I provided instructions how to control program updates in a managed environment. In consumer products you can only disable application feature updates.

Thank you for clarifying that and please forgive me for the error on my part.

Is there any update on getting a resolution to this problem as this is clearly an issue that impacts a range of eset products?

10 hours ago, Marcos said:

That's because you have ESET Internet Security but posted in the Endpoint forum. I provided instructions how to control program updates in a managed environment. In consumer products you can only disable application feature updates.