Eset Service high Disk usage over extended periods of time (1h+)

Hello!

I have been having some issues with ESET Internet Security for some time now. Since I started staying up late, every night between around 2am and 4am, my laptop started ventilating a lot more than it used to. With this in mind, after some time, I opened Task Manager to see what was going on because the sound became unbearable. What I noticed was System and ESET Service having very high Disk usage - sometimes with low, other times with high CPU usage. As far as the GUI was telling me, ESET wasn't performing any sort of scan or updates, just the usual real time protection. This brings me to my question - what are those 2 processes doing and what can I do to stop them? I tried shutting it down and turning it back on and restarting (a few times even), but after about 5 mins of having the laptop turned back on, they started consuming high Disk resources again.

I am going to attach some screenshots from Task Manager. The 1st one is simply to show what my Disk usage looks like and the 2nd one just to show that I had nothing but Google Chrome open (because I was typing in here).

Thank you.

1.PNG

2.PNG

4 minutes ago, EasyPeasy said:

Hello!

I have been having some issues with ESET Internet Security for some time now. Since I started staying up late, every night between around 2am and 4am, my laptop started ventilating a lot more than it used to. With this in mind, after some time, I opened Task Manager to see what was going on because the sound became unbearable. What I noticed was System and ESET Service having very high Disk usage - sometimes with low, other times with high CPU usage. As far as the GUI was telling me, ESET wasn't performing any sort of scan or updates, just the usual real time protection. This brings me to my question - what are those 2 processes doing and what can I do to stop them? I tried shutting it down and turning it back on and restarting (a few times even), but after about 5 mins of having the laptop turned back on, they started consuming high Disk resources again.

I am going to attach some screenshots from Task Manager. The 1st one is simply to show what my Disk usage looks like and the 2nd one just to show that I had nothing but Google Chrome open (because I was typing in here).

Thank you.

1.PNG

2.PNG

What version of ESET are you using?

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

- enable advanced operating system logging under Tools -> Diagnostics in the advanced setup when the issue occurs
- after 2-3 minutes disable logging
- wait about 30s
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

• Administrators
Just now, EasyPeasy said:

@Marcos Hi! After I do those steps, will I have to post the logs here or send them to you through some means of private message?

You can upload the generated archive here if not too big to upload. Otherwise upload it to a file sharing service and drop me a personal message with a download link.