Upgrade File Security 6.5.x to 8.0.x?

• Administrators

I don't recollect any reasons why it would not work as long as the OS supports SHA-2 code signing. What Windows Server system is installed on the server?

• Administrators

It should work fine then. However, since ESET Server Security installs to a different folder than ESET File Security by default, I'd recommend:
- exporting current settings (skip this step if you don't use any special settings)
- uninstalling EFSW 6.5 (not necessary but I prefer it personally, e.g. to avoid issues caused by product's misconfiguaration)
- rebooting the server,
- installing ESET Server Security v9 from scratch

i will be installing v8....seen too many issues in the forum with regards to v9...too new for me

does installing v8 vs v9 make a difference with your uninstall 6.5 first?

all the settings come from policies on esmc console

I have upgraded 7.x to 8.x server security on other servers without issue. I do see 2 folders in eset...one  names eset security and the other file security...eset security appears to be the 8.x program files...the file security folder looks like it contains update definition folders...server and eset appear to be functioning normally upgrading to 8.x rather than uninstalling 7.x first....can you elaborate exactly why its an issue having the old file security folder form 7.x if i dont uninstall before upgrade?

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, slarkins said:

i will be installing v8....seen too many issues in the forum with regards to v9...too new for me

does installing v8 vs v9 make a difference with your uninstall 6.5 first?

all the settings come from policies on esmc console

You can find changelogs here https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/file-security-windows/

And see what they differ from eachother , but most recommended for sure is to stay on latest version , unless it introduces problems for you then it's otherwise.