Eset liveguard servers cannot be reached. How do I allow Liveguard through firewall?

I attempted to allow it through the firewall, but I didn't get it right. I would like to allow Liveguard servers through the firewall.

Assuming you are using a third part firewall or the issue is related to a network perimeter/router firewall, and it is indeed a LiveGuard connection issue, refer to the below screen shot:

Eset_LiveGuard.png.3592a6fc858d3f6fe7595f12523bdb92.png

Most likely this issue is related to LiveGrid not being able to connect. Refer to this section, "To use the online reputation database (ESET LiveGrid®):" in this Eset Knowledge base article: https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall#esetlivegrid

What Firewall? ESET is acting as the damn firewall. There should be no need for me to add or adjust anything as ESET has control of the firewall on my pc as per WIndows. So why does it not give itself access to toe the LiveGuard servers on the firewall?

• Administrators

Access to ESET's servers is allowed. However, if you use Windows or a 3rd party or hardware firewall, it's possible that access is blocked if a communication error is reported by ESET.