Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I noticed that when I use firefox to watch discovery plus and have google chrome open to play pogo memory for Eset Service goes up to 234 mb.  After I'm done about an hour later it will go back down to 47mb.  But If I use Microsoft Edge to watch discovery and google chrome  to play pogo it stays around 60 to 70 mb.  Why so much memory when using firefox doing the same thing with the other two browsers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like there is a problem with Eset memory usage.

I just checked mine in PE and its showing 368 MB Working Set and 229 MB real memory usage. Previously, I never saw real memory usage exceed 50 MB memory usage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a system restart. Eset service started up at 22 MB and gradually rose to 28 MB.

Opened Firefox and some other apps and memory usage is currently at 30 MB.

As I recollect, I saw Eset Service memory usage spike to the 200+ MB range after a recent MS Office update and it never went down afterwards. I will keep monitoring to see if its leaking memory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, itman said:

I did a system restart. Eset service started up at 22 MB and gradually rose to 28 MB.

Opened Firefox and some other apps and memory usage is currently at 30 MB.

As I recollect, I saw Eset Service memory usage spike to the 200+ MB range after a recent MS Office update and it never went down afterwards. I will keep monitoring to see if its leaking memory.

It would be great for the eset team to check this RAM consumption problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coming out of Win 10 21H2 standby mode w/o signing off first, Eset Service spiked to over 200+ MB. So this is the culprit I believe.

-EDIT- System shutdown and subsequent startup w/ Win 10 Fast Startup enabled results in 160MB allocated to Eset Service. As such, Eset is only partially freeing allocated memory from prior standby activity.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again, on my Win 10 desktop, this increased Eset service memory usage is directly related to the PC resuming from normal sleep mode. Strangely, it doesn't occur if you first sign-off and the PC later resumes from sleep mode.

I have adjusted my power setting to increase the sleep mode time interval till Eset fixes this issue.

BTW - this is not the only Eset issue I had with Win normal sleep mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like it's not sleep mode after all.

This morning after system startup, Eset Service was using less than 40 MB. After openning Firefox, Eset Service now using 200+ MB.

I don't care about the increased memory use when FF is active. What I don't like is Eset is not releasing the memory after FF is closed.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, itman said:

Looks like it's not sleep mode after all.

This morning after system startup, Eset Service was using less than 40 MB. After openning Firefox, Eset Service now using 200+ MB.

I don't care about the increased memory when use when FF is active. What I don't like is Eset is not releasing the memory after FF is closed.

I agree with you, after the FF is closed it should automatically return to normal consumption.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, itman said:

Looks like it's not sleep mode after all.

This morning after system startup, Eset Service was using less than 40 MB. After openning Firefox, Eset Service now using 200+ MB.

I don't care about the increased memory use when FF is active. What I don't like is Eset is not releasing the memory after FF is closed.

I just did some tests. the image below and when I restarted my computer and did not open firefox gave this result:

image.png.45302f254b1cc6c1a5426e87a408ab34.png

Now another test, I restarted the computer and open firefox, look at the result.


image.png.894c05bfadac170879863ea16eaff94b.png

Now I closed firefox later and this value still remains as shown in the image:

image.png

Edited by New_Style_xd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I opened firefox this morning and went up to 223 MB.  After I closed the browser it stayed at that amount for a good while then it went down to 47mb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

I opened firefox this morning and went up to 223 MB.  After I closed the browser it stayed at that amount for a good while then it went down to 47mb.

Here it is still at the same high value.
tell me what is the windows and version you are using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

By the way I just got back on my computer and it is up 223 again. 

That's the problem, that's happening, ESET has to see what's happening, so we're posting it here to see if anyone from ESET sees our problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point, I really don't know what is causing this memory spike issue aside that Eset has gremlins within it!

I restart and Eset Service is using <40 MB.

Open and close Firefox multiple times and Eset Service is using <40 MB.

Shutdown the PC and restart 10 mins. later.

Open and close Firefox multiple times and Eset Service is using <40 MB.

-EDIT- Eset Service final increased to Eset Service >200 MB. So the issue is related to something going on in Firefox but I have no clue what that something is.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, itman said:

At this point, I really don't know what is causing this memory spike issue aside that Eset has gremlins within it!

I restart and Eset Service is using <40 MB.

Open and close Firefox multiple times and Eset Service is using <40 MB.

Shutdown the PC and restart 10 mins. later.

Open and close Firefox multiple times and Eset Service is using <40 MB.

-EDIT- Eset Service final increased to Eset Service >200 MB. So the issue is related to something going on in Firefox but I have no clue what that something is.

Is it because I'm using windows 11 21H2 22000.469?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Is it because I'm using windows 11 21H2 22000.469?

No. I am using Win 10 21H2.

I will say this. I didn't notice this Eset behavior until the latest 96.0.3 ver. of Firefox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

Your right itman.  I never seen this until the latest version of Firefox 96.0.3 before that it never went that high.

Now there will be this doubts if it is a problem of ESET or FireFox. only those who will be able to answer this are the forum administrators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...