Old hostname in installer creation wizard

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately I am not sure there is better solution than to edit this value in the database of ESET PROTECT. It this is acceptable, I would recommend to check recent topic:

where name of the table and field to be modified is mentioned. Even mentioned topic was for Windows/SQLServer deployment, it is the same for Linux/MySQL environments.

Also note that this will change just default value in the installers and in various other places (name of the server in the generated reports) but it won't have any impact on certificates and connectivity of AGENTs, where migration has to be performed with caution, especially in case new certificates are not using wildcard "*" for hostnames.

• ESET Staff

In case it is appliance, it is possible to use command line utility to do so, or you can connect from external device, but only if you disable firewall (which might disconnect you from the PROTECT console as it performs also port redirection).

It worked, but I had to use "Standard TCP/IP over SSH" in MySQL Workbench to connect. After that I changed server_identificator in the table tbl_servers like you said.