Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid

I use a VPN and every time Eset wants to update I get this "Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid" because my license is the UK and not US how do I fix this and why are you not one service?

Should not matter where I buy it from it should still update because the license is valid!

How do I fix this problem?

• Administrators

Are you still experiencing the issue? There was an issue with your license but only on 2 update servers in the pool so update should have failed only intermittently.

• Administrators

The license 3AP-U8T-K5A can download updates from all update servers.

but 20-200 endpoints notifications intermittently

Please clarify what you mean. The license is for ESET Internet Security on 1 device, not for Endpoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue with almost 1000 email notifications for about 600 devices. ESET Tech Support wants the log files from a few endpoints to review, but link to upload ftp doesn't work. Suggestions?

License: Paid
License ID: 3AA-DJA-FMT
Product Version 8.1.2037.2

• ESET Staff

Hi @cyphrex,

You can upload to WeTransfer and send the links on reply to ESET Support conversation.

Also, if you that quantity of terminals, I suggest you use the ESET Protect console and set the graphic interface to minimun, and the alerts and notifications don't show on the client side.

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

• Administrators
10 hours ago, cyphrex said:

Same issue with almost 1000 email notifications for about 600 devices. ESET Tech Support wants the log files from a few endpoints to review, but link to upload ftp doesn't work. Suggestions?

License: Paid
License ID: 3AA-DJA-FMT
Product Version 8.1.2037.2

We have checked your license and it can authorize against all update servers fine.

Please enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support and run update to reproduce the issue. Then disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.