Ess Popup In Win 8.1 On File Download

In Win 8.1, Eset Smart Security latest version (7.0.317), is there a way to stop the ESS popup window every time I download a file?  It is worse than the old windows UAC prompt! 

Update: Yes, it is set in scanner options to detect  unwanted, unsafe and suspicious apps.  This is true in my Win 7 setup as in Win 8, but only in Win 8.1 is there a large popup notification window (attached jpg).  I am running in Desktop mode on Win 8.1, not Metro mode.

E.g. of program download is GoodSync, and many other legit programs from their original web sites.

Sorry, no screen shot until I am allowed to add a reply - seems newbies only get one post per 24h! and cannot reply to the thread before 24 h.

Edited by Labdoc

Hello and welcome,

ESS doesn't detect a file unless there is a need to detect it, it can also depend on if you have enabled user optional detection categories such as Potentially Unwanted and/or Unsafe Applications in the product?

What file are you trying to download, from what website, and what does ESET detect the file like (detection name) ?

• Administrators

The best would be if Labdoc could post a screen shot for better understanding of what pop-up window appears when downloading files. Unless a file is detected as a threat or potentially unsafe/unwanted application, no window should pop up at all.

By the way: UAC neither is old nor it's unnecessary. It's a good security feature of Windows (also in Windows 8).

Edited by rugk