ESET Internet Security version 14.0.22 will not update from V13.2

Current ESET Internet Security Version: 13.2.18.0 valid to 27/10/2021
Windows Version: 8.1 on PC

Problem: ESET pop-up screen tells me there is an update available, when I press the 'Accept & Update' button, Update on the ESET Home Screen is activated, after a couple of minutes the update is de-activated and the pop-up screen is once more displayed  prompting me to 'Accept & Update' again. This just keeps on happening and going in circles. I have gone into advanced setup and cleared the Temporary files update cache but the problem still persists even after a PC restart. Has anyone else had this problem and  can please advise how to resolve the issue?

• Most Valued Members
12 minutes ago, OldSparky said:

Current ESET Internet Security Version: 13.2.18.0 valid to 27/10/2021
Windows Version: 8.1 on PC

Problem: ESET pop-up screen tells me there is an update available, when I press the 'Accept & Update' button, Update on the ESET Home Screen is activated, after a couple of minutes the update is de-activated and the pop-up screen is once more displayed  prompting me to 'Accept & Update' again. This just keeps on happening and going in circles. I have gone into advanced setup and cleared the Temporary files update cache but the problem still persists even after a PC restart. Has anyone else had this problem and  can please advise how to resolve the issue?

Not seen this issue but have you tried manually downloading from esets site and trying it via that method.

Only other thing I can think of is saving any settings/rules etc. and using esets uninstall tool in safe mode via the link bellow. 

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

You could also generate a log and attach it on here for someone from eset to check. Only eset staff e.g. mods will be able to download it

1 hour ago, OldSparky said:

Problem: ESET pop-up screen tells me there is an update available, when I press the 'Accept & Update' button, Update on the ESET Home Screen is activated, after a couple of minutes the update is de-activated and the pop-up screen is once more displayed  prompting me to 'Accept & Update' again.

Could be a problem with your existing license. Eset wouldn't update if the license is not valid. Check your Eset Events log for any entries related to this updating activity. Post a screen shot of those entries if they exist.

• Administrators

Does the issue occur even if you click Check for updates in the Update panel? If so, please enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for technical support and reproduce the issue. Next disable logging, collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

Couldn't it be that you have UAC turned off? Did you get a UAC prompt after confirming the program update?

Hi All, thanks for your quick responses

There should be no problem with the licence it's fully paid up and valid until 27/10/2021.

The UAC is turned on and I do get the prompt after confirming the program update.
The issue occurs even if I click the Check for updates in the update panel and also if I click the 'Update product now'

One other thing I have noticed is that when I attempt to do a computer scan, the scan panel opens up, I move the pointer over the 'Scan your computer' button which becomes highlighted but unresponsive to the mouse click, the only way I can do a scan is to select the 'Advanced scans' drop down menu and select 'Repeat last scan' This particular problem pre-dates the attempted program update.

As advised, I have attached the ESET Log Collector archive.

eis_logs.zip

9 minutes ago, OldSparky said:

One other thing I have noticed is that when I attempt to do a computer scan, the scan panel opens up, I move the pointer over the 'Scan your computer' button which becomes highlighted but unresponsive to the mouse click, the only way I can do a scan is to select the 'Advanced scans' drop down menu and select 'Repeat last scan' This particular problem pre-dates the attempted program update.

I had that issue when my EIS installation upgraded to ver. 14.1.21. It disappeared when EIS was subsequently upgraded to ver. 14.1.22.

Edited by itman

Thanks itman that's good to know, been using EIS for a few years now without any issues so hoping to get this issue resolved asap to upgrade to latest version on my PC.

Hi Marcos have you had a chance to look at the eis_logs I posted yesterday? I am thinking it could be machine specific as I have been successful in upgrading to ver. 14.0.22.0 on my laptop. I'm a bit concerned about EIS being out of date on my PC.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, OldSparky said:

Hi Marcos have you had a chance to look at the eis_logs I posted yesterday? I am thinking it could be machine specific as I have been successful in upgrading to ver. 14.0.22.0 on my laptop. I'm a bit concerned about EIS being out of date on my PC.

For now we can only suggest to provide the content of the C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\updfiles folder for a check, uninstall ESET and install v14 from scratch.