ESET Management Agent out of date (7.x to 7.2 updates)

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

And I can not stress this enough, I am upgrading agents from 7.x, not from 6.x or below.

Everything I see online through ESET's website and elsewhere suggests that the ESET Management Agent can be updated by using the task type "Security Management Center Components Upgrade."  This works fine when upgrading agents from 6.x to latest version 7.2.  However, if the agent is 7.0 or 7.1, this same task type does not upgrade agents to 7.2.

Is there a task to perform this agent upgrade?  If not, how can be it be done manually?

Pics related, all from the same machine.  There are many machines in our management with the same issue.

CapXf0M.pngHYfbNBz.pngsUcZJQL.png

Edited by DJChupa13
version number mistype

• DJChupa13 changed the title to ESET Management Agent out of date (7.x to 7.2 updates)
  • Administrators

Please try sending the task again and check for software-install,log or ra-upgrade-agent*.log in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs. If it's created but agent fails to update, please provide the log. Also you can try installing the latest agent manually and see if the installation goes well.

After upgrading agent it may be necessary to reboot the machine for the notification to go away.

I am quite interested in the solution to this problem as I am currently facing the same issue. Simply "update module" does not do anything, it doesn't even go to the tasks thus not creating the log on the local workstation. I can upgrade the module manually on workstations, but it would be handy not to do this on 50+ of them. 

Thank you for looking into it?

On 10/2/2020 at 5:25 PM, DJChupa13 said:

This works fine when upgrading agents from 6.x to latest version 7.2.  However, if the agent is 7.0 or 7.1, this same task type does not upgrade agents to 7.2.

I'm curious, what does the ESET agent version report as when you look at one of those computers (SMC, computer, show details, installed applications). I have a group of computers incorrectly showing on the main console computer list screen as "ESET Management Agent is outdated"  but when I drill down to the installed applications for that computer, the correct 7.2.1266.0 is showing installed and says it is "Up-to-date version"  installed. So something is wrong on my Security Management Center reporting, as it says agent out of date on one screen and agent up to date on the other. I will call support Monday if it persists. This happened after I rolled out version 7.3.2032.0 A/V update to most of our computers over the weekend.

Just curious, 

My ESET Mgt Center is version 7.0 and I see an update available for Version 7.2.11.1

Do i have to update to 7.2 to get the newer agent?   I know that i can download on website but I want

to be able to push or install using the Mgt Center Console

• Administrators

It should be possible to upgrade agent to the latest v7.2 even with ESMC 7.0. If you send an ESMC component upgrade task to a client with agent 7.0, what is the status of the task after several minutes? Is it in the running state or it failed? If possible, configure agent to log with debug / trace verbosity via an agent policy, send the upgrade task again and then provide us with C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log.

If the machine connects via a proxy server, make sure that the proxy is properly configured in an agent policy.

I have the same issue :
I saw this in the trace.log that seems relevant :

2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: AutomationModule [Thread 3e20]: Task: Executing task [UUID=2549da93-e1b1-4473-9cf0-7c611f484b83, TYPE=UpgradeInfrastructure, CONFIG=taskType: UpgradeInfrastructure taskUpgradeInfrastructure { compatible_with { package_app_id: "com.eset.apps.business.era.server.windows" package_version: "7.2.1278.0" package_os: "windows" package_name: "ESET Security Management Center Server" package_description: "ESET Security Management Center Server" package_os_systems: "WINDOWS" } I_agree_with_application_End_User_License_Agreement: true }].
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: AutomationModule [Thread 3e20]: Mediator: Sending trigger finished log [TriggerUUID=aadb40b4-f063-4e34-9fff-15d3beb21b7b].
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: AutomationModule [Thread 3e20]: AsapTrigger: Trigger [UUID=aadb40b4-f063-4e34-9fff-15d3beb21b7b, TYPE=ASAP] has been disabled.
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: AutomationModule [Thread 3e20]: Facade: Trigger has been created [UUID=aadb40b4-f063-4e34-9fff-15d3beb21b7b, TYPE=ASAP, CONFIG=triggerType: ASAP triggerThrottle { } asapTriggerCfg { validTo { year: 2020 month: 11 day: 5 hour: 19 minute: 49 second: 7 } isUTC: true }].
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1678]: CMetadataProcessorV3 do not download any eula while do query
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1678]: CMetadataProcessorV3: Found 2 product infos for condition: {"ProductID":"com.eset.apps.business.era.agent","Language":"en_US","Platform":"x64","OS":{"Type":"windows","Version":"1688862745165824","Edition":"Enterprise"},"EraServer":{"Package":"com.eset.apps.business.era.server.windows","Version":"1970333510664192"},"Base":"1970333509877760"}
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1678]: CMetadataProcessorV3: Number of eulas files downloaded is 0
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1678]: UpgradeInfrastructure: Skipping repair/reinstall of 'com.eset.apps.business.era.agent' [hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v7/7.2.1266.0/agent_x64.msi]
2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1678]: UpgradeInfrastructure: No suitable ERA Agent package was found

• ESET Staff
57 minutes ago, GRS said:

2020-10-05 19:50:08 Information: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1678]: UpgradeInfrastructure: Skipping repair/reinstall of 'com.eset.apps.business.era.agent' [hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v7/7.2.1266.0/agent_x64.msi]

You are actually already using latest available ESMC Agent 7.2. Could you please verify that notification from security product is still reporting AGENT as outdated? We will have to verify, but it is possible that it might take some some until product actually detects that AGENT has been upgraded in the meantime.

• Administrators

Try rebooting the machine where the notification still appears even after upgrading agent to v7.2. You can also try running the command "shutdown -r -t 0" to make sure that the machine is fully restarted.

Could you walk me through the "component upgrade" task? All I see from the options available to run is "component update." Thank you.

• Administrators
  • Solution

Create a new client task for all clients (on those with an up-to-date agent the task will run but will not actually download and install the agent). Select "Security Management Center component upgrade" in the task field.

image.png

In the next step accept EULA, select your ESMC server and then just click Continue or Finish to send the task.

image.png

Great. Thank you. That worked. For some reason I ignored looking into Eset security management center task category. Thats why I could not find it.

Hi all!  Coming back to say that yes, restarting (in some instances, multiple times) does actually resolve this issue after the Components Upgrade task is ran.  It seems that the ESET agent is incorrectly reporting its version number shortly after the upgrade (it even appears incorrectly in appwiz.cpl, until the restart(s) happen).

Thanks all :)

• Administrators

A computer restart is required for the notification to go away. However, tomorrow we are releasing a module update that will clear the notification after the next update attempt without restarting the machine. The module is already available on the pre-release update channel.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
7 minutes ago, riswanha said:

The same issue i have. Is there any solution -manual update??

Please elaborate more on the issue that you are having and also provide a screen shot for clarification, if possible.