Problem with my own zones in rules editor

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I've created my own zones via Rule setup -> Zones but I can't select them in rules editor. I only see default zones.
It worked in Eset version 4x but it doesn't work in 5.x

Greets
Remulus

I'm using Eset Configuration Editor (5.0.511) from Eset Remote Administrator Console.

I've noticed that on PC  I can select my own zones in rules editor but not in Eset Configuration Editor.

• Former ESET Employees

To be clear:

When you access the Zones and Rules editor on your client worktstation (endpoint) you can select your own rules.

When you try to access your user-created zones via Configuration Editor, they are not available.

Is this accurate?

• ESET Moderators

Hello Remulus,

make sure, that you are editing correct settings. It depends on version of the product (line v.3 and line v.4 VS. Endpoint line v.5).

So edit settings in Windows product live v2 and v4 when you are changing configuration of ESET Smart Security / NOD 32 Antivirus Business edition and edit settings in Windows desktop v5 when you are changing configuration of ESET Endpoint Security / ESET Endpoint Antivirus.

Regards,

• Administrators
  • Solution

Try the following:

1, create a new zone and push the configuration to clients

2, download the configuration from a client and create a new rule. I assume the new zone will appear in the list then.

Or just press F4 on client who have Your correct cfg and select "use downloaded cfg in new cfg task" -  in this case You will work on real cfg of client - typical "new task" will not show You previously changed cfg

Edited by Bart

Try the following:

1, create a new zone and push the configuration to clients

2, download the configuration from a client and create a new rule. I assume the new zone will appear in the list then.

It worked but it is very annoying. Each time I add new zone I have to import and export configuration on client :/

Thanks for help.

• Administrators

We actually plan to change the system of rule identification in future versions so that newly created custom zones can be used immediately for rules.