License Error - Scam ?

Hello!

I bought an ESET IS license for about 2-3 months, in the meantime I reinstalled windows but I can no longer install that license. It seems to me that it is not valid even though it is bought from an authorized distributor.

Error message: "license disabled" - in my.eset.com

For more details I am at your disposal with any information.

Thank you!

A good day!

• Administrators

If you purchased the license from an authorized distributor the license must be legitimate and work. Please provide your public license ID or drop me a personal message with the license key enclosed.

• Most Valued Members

I believe he means after 2 , 3 months , and I don't think ESET do sell monthly licenses , either than Android subscription which is monthly and possibly can be yearly I think

If a license sold as monthly then it could be grey market , that what remains of the activated time.

On Monday I will talk with those who sold me the license, if they don't give me a straight answer I will contact Consumer Protection on my country to take action against them.

Thanks!

//I will come with updates on this, let this topic open. The problem is they sold licenses on big retail sites in my country.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Paul.R said:

On Monday I will talk with those who sold me the license, if they don't give me a straight answer I will contact Consumer Protection on my country to take action against them.

Thanks!

//I will come with updates on this, let this topic open. The problem is they sold licenses on big retail sites in my country.

Just to clarify when you purchased the license how long was it for

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, Paul.R said:

Sorry I meant how long e.g. when does it expire

• Most Valued Members
28 minutes ago, Paul.R said:

until 04.04.2021

There should be a public ID for your license , if not then drop your license key to Marcos , he will be able to check it and help you with your license.

By drop I mean Private Message him , Don't post it here.

Edited by Nightowl

• Administrators

We've got all the necessary details to pass the case further to the Romanian distributor to take care of it.

Hi!

Coming with answer from firm that I have bought the license key:

We had a data breach on supplier.

They give to me a new license.

ESET RO was very helpful. 

Thanks again to you all.

@Marcos tell me when you are available to send you the new license to check

Edited by Paul.R

10 hours ago, itman said:

Maybe not. Below is what I received in FireFox when accessing Eset's listed business partner in Romania:

Eset_Romaina.thumb.png.27d0fab123352cf88f67923174a52719.png

Same in Chromium Edge. This is not good. 

1.PNG

• ESET Staff

It just seem like invalid link on partner list. Certificate is issued to eset.ro (not nod32.ro) while both DNS entires lead to same IP.