BSOD eamonm.sys after Windows 10 20h1 (2004) upgrade

Hello,

After upgrading a Dell Latitude 3590 under Windows 10 pro to 20h1, i'm receving a BSOD on eamonm.sys. Feel free to ask details if needed.

EAV : 7.2.2055, Windows 10 up to date before upgrading from 10.0.18363.836

Others computers in my environnement work like a charm with Windows 20h1.

What can i do ?

Thanks,

Frederic

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- download the v7.3 Endpoint installer (the website reads 7.2 but it just takes some time to update)
- uninstall Endpoint 7.2 in safe mode
- after booting to normal mode, install Endpoint 7.3 from scratch.

Let us know if the new version resolved the issue.

I think the release notes for 7.3.2032 should read compatibility with future Windows 10 major update due in H1 2020 and not 2021.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, FRiC said:

I think the release notes for 7.3.2032 should read compatibility with future Windows 10 major update due in H1 2020 and not 2021.

Any Endpoint v7 is already compatible with Windows 10 updates scheduled for 2020. Endpoint v7.3 is the first version which is preliminary compatible with Windows 21H1 aka Windows 10 Iron. While we can't guarantee there won't be any further issues with future builds of the OS update which is still being developed, should some issues arise they should be resolved by the time the update is officially released.

Hello Marcos,

Thanks for your help. That works.

In the meantime, I noticed a Dell driver on my machine that was not up to date, that might be the culprit.

Everything is fine now.

• Administrators

It appears that the issue is related to an older version of stdcfltn.sys found on Dell computers. If somebody else is experiencing the issue, it'd be good to know if updating the driver to the latest version helped.

just had it on my dell 5490. apart from what appears to be an unrelated 1.13.1 bios update (contains 2 intel security advisories), then i'm upto date.

thankfully this is the first pilot machine testing 2004 update in our environment so just affecting me.

trying to get laptop into safemode now to check things out further....

• Administrators

You can uninstall EP7.2 in safe mode using the uninstall tool and after starting Windows in normal mode install EP7.3. Could you please provide c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\stdcfltn.sys or at least check if it's several years old?

Same thing happened to me.

BSOD System Service Exception eamonm.sys during boot after Windows 10 20h1 (2004) upgrade.

Using ESET Smart Security 7.2 2055 x64 and Dell Precision 7510 laptop.

I also have file c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\stdcfltn.sys  from October 7th 2016 version 1.0.0.15.

Good thing that I tested Windows 10 2004 upgrade on my computer first, as we have other 30 users with this combination of computer  type and ESET SW and would be 'fun' if they the all upgraded to Win10 20004.

I resolved it by using ESET Uninstaller in Safe Mode and now I have installed ESET Smart Security 7.3.

I'll be updating now ESET sw on all computers via ESET Security Management Center. I would apreciate it if ESET would some day integrate auto-update of ESET SW like other vendors have it so we won't have to bother with this anymre.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Hammer said:

I would apreciate it if ESET would some day integrate auto-update of ESET SW like other vendors have it so we won't have to bother with this anymre.

Endpoint v7.x supports so-called uPCU updates to update the program, however, we haven't released such update yet. Program updates will not be automatic, however, an administrator can enable automatic program updates. Unfortunately due to substantial changes under the hood, after updating to Endpoint v7.3 a computer restart is required, otherwise real-time protection will not work.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the explanation.

Hopefully uPCU updates will used.

I would also appreciate if you stop with automatically enabling option " [x] Submit anonymous statistics" after ESET install / update so we don't have to keep disabling it. I just found today that it got reanabled.