License expiral grace period?

frapetti

Hi,
We are in the process of renewing our license. Already payed to our eset representative, but very close to the end date. Our license expired this month. I see that updates are still downloading, even when expired. What is the grace period for this, as to know how much time this can take before it becomes a real problem? Can this be speeded up? What happens after the grace period? The product stop downloading updates, but keeps working? Do we need to do any reconfiguration, or the license's date is just updated by eset and requires no technical intervention from us?

Regards

• Administrators

Unfortunately it is confidential information. If you have renewed about the date when your license expired, the product should work long enough for your local distributor or seller to get the payment and renew the license.

We approved the budget on january 20. The seller told us to wait as they started the process. On january 28 they sent us the data for payment. The following day it was payed.

How long could this take? People are a little uneasy about the "loose protection" notifications. Should i tell them to not worry about this, then?

Regards

Is the below your Eset representative and to whom you made payment to?

ESET Latin America

ESET Latin America
Juan Diaz de Solis 1270, 2do. Piso
CP: B1638BHF
Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires
Argentina

Tel: +54 (11) 5171-ESET (3738)
Fax: +54 (11) 5171-3739
Web: www.eset-la.com

22 minutes ago, itman said:

Is the below your Eset representative and to whom you made payment to?

ESET Latin America

ESET Latin America
Juan Diaz de Solis 1270, 2do. Piso
CP: B1638BHF
Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires
Argentina

Tel: +54 (11) 5171-ESET (3738)
Fax: +54 (11) 5171-3739
Web: www.eset-la.com

No. When we buyed the product 3 years ago, we were assigned to an eset partner named "globalgate". Now that we needed to renew, we talked to them again. That's the usual procedure, right?

32 minutes ago, frapetti said:

No. When we buyed the product 3 years ago, we were assigned to an eset partner named "globalgate". Now that we needed to renew, we talked to them again. That's the usual procedure, right?

Someone from Eset will have to answer this.

• ESET Staff

Yes, it´s a regular procedure. In the future, I would recommend to start processing the license renewal during the month before the actual license expiration. I can check your license, if you want to, what´s the status of the renewal in our licensing system. 

4 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Yes, it´s a regular procedure. In the future, I would recommend to start processing the license renewal during the month before the actual license expiration. I can check your license, if you want to, what´s the status of the renewal in our licensing system. 

That would be great, thanks. Do you need some info from us to check that?