ESMC MDM ports

Hi

I cannot find how to change default MDM ports (9980,9981) on VA MDM appliance:

image.png.5327f54192968fc085e71dcd420ca3e8.png

I find only this, but this is for ERA 6.5 and settings in policy is no longer available...

Thanks.

VP

On 9/26/2019 at 8:09 AM, MichalJ said:

AFAIK, Change of the ports & MDMCore hostname can be only made by re-installation of the Mobile Device Connector component. 

That's how it looks to me too. During [re]installation of MDM you can use --mdm-port= to define the MDM port to use (normally the default is 9981) and --mdm-enrollment-port= to set the MDM enrollment port (default is 9980).

On the VA, you can just login to the Linux terminal and reinstall MDM with https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/era/mdm/latest/mdmcore-linux-x86_64.sh

I'd simply suggest taking a snapshot of the appliance first, just in case - will save you a ton of headaches if you break something while tinkering since you can quickly revert and try again.

It's indeed surprising this is not an included feature (ie., setting) within ESMC. Seems you can change other ports, just not the MDM.

Good luck!

Robbie // The Bald Nerd 🤓

Edited by BaldNerd
Added default port notation for MDM Enrollment.

• ESET Staff

Not sure what is the reason for port change but in case of appliance I would recommend to adapt firewall configuration and add port redirection. No matter how ports will be changed, this step will be required as firewall will be blocking communication to non-standard ports.

• ESET Staff

It's indeed surprising this is not an included feature (ie., setting) within ESMC. Seems you can change other ports, just not the MDM.

It's actually "feature"... We had customers who reconfigured this and lost connectivity so this setting was removed around v 6.5

On 9/30/2019 at 7:55 AM, Mirek S. said:

It's actually "feature"... We had customers who reconfigured this and lost connectivity so this setting was removed around v 6.5

Sad. Perhaps an "Advanced User" mode to put it back again? :)  Can't always just cater to those who refuse to read the manual.