Question over encryption between Eset Security Management Center Server and database

Hi,
I've another question this time over encryption between Eset Security Management Center Server
and the SQL Server Express instance it's running on.

If I enable the use of a certificate on the SQL Express (2014) instance under "SQL Server Configuration Manager"
and then set Force Encryption to True, and the certificate is signed by a trusted CA installed in the machine certificate store
This prevents network scanners from picking up on port 14222 as having a clear text login
however this breaks the Eset server software

is there anyway to configure Eset Security Management Center to use encrypted / ssl database access?

• ESET Staff

I would recommend to check file:

%PROGRAMDATA%\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Configuration\startupconfiguration.ini

which contains connection string as used by ESMC. Please make sure you create backup before doing modifications. Resulting connection string is passed to SQLServer ODBC driver and thus all parameters supported by driver should be working. Also be careful with using reserved characters as are @,{,},... as it might require special escaping to work properly.

Also be aware that changes in this file might break upgrade of ESMC in the future, and even if upgrade is successful, it might replace this file with new one, without custom changes you made.