Normal behavior?

Greetings.

I just want to solve a little doubt.

I recently installed eset internet security on a laptop with the latest version of windows 10, the one in October. After installing the program, the usual automatic analysis was not executed, in fact, the option of scanning the equipment was not shown in the interface. It was until I restarted the computer that the exploration option appeared in the eset interface, but the automatic analysis was not executed, I had to execute a manual analysis.

My question is whether it is a normal behavior that occurs only with the latest version of windows 10, since in other versions prior to October the behavior of the antivirus is the same as always. After installing the antivirus and updating an automatic analysis is executed.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Hijin25,

I will just share what I saw recently.

I just added a new lap-top about two weeks ago, I unboxed updated windows 10 home to current edition (1809). I then uninstalled all security software found with the ESET removal tool (on my unit that was McAfee) rebooted and ensured unit was looking good and running well. I installed the latest EIS with full installer fresh from the ESET web site.

I remember the scan starting very well as I chose to restart before it concluded this particular time (in this case I was adding software and chose to manual scan later) . So I remember the scan window as I thought about restarting and can verify (for me) the scan did start at original install like you remember.

I do not know if to worry or not, personally when I am am faced with something like this the safest thing for my (over active) mind is to carefully uninstall and reinstall. ESET allows this and it would put your mind to rest.  

We may likely get more info from someone more knowledgeable - Hope this helps - ebill   

Thanks for your answer.

I did what you recommended, uninstall the program and download the latest version of EIS, I was using an earlier version to install, and now if I did the usual procedure.

I guess the problem was that, use a previous installer, and version 12.0.31.0 is the right one for this version of Windows 10.

Thanks for letting us know things are OK

Could have just been a hiccup before, but now you will rest easy for sure - Thanks and enjoy