Hard drive died on ERA host PC

We didn't have any backups of that computer so I've replaced the failed spinning drive with an SSD, installed Windows 10 and gave it the same static IP as it had previously but what's next? I have about 100 workstations that were pointed to it. 

What are my steps to get it back up and running? May need to call support for this one  but looking for some suggestions

• ESET Staff

In case you have not backup of SERVER's certificate and CA certificates, it won't be possible to re-establish communication and you will have to configure AGENTs to use newly created certificates. This might be done by re-deploying, i.e. by repeated running of installer on the client machines. So for example:

1. create installer of your choice on new ERA/ESMC server
  2. run installer on client machine (beware that in case you had older AGENT installed on client (older than 7.0), it migh be required to run installer 2 times in a row to take effect)
  3. observe client to be connecting to new ERA/ESMC server

It is also possible to use "Remote deployment task" from newly installed ERA/ESMC, but that requires your network to be ready for it (should be usable in case you made your initial deployment using this task).

I'm having trouble installing the ESET Admin console from scratch. The computer is on the domain and for a domain the network profile has the firewall off for this computer and I've specifically allowed all traffic for inbound port 1433 but can't seem to get past this step

2019-01-04_15-36-55.thumb.png.67fc23fc02f4d3bd86487094255c3862.png

• ESET Staff

Could you verify you followed all steps as described in KB3671 "Install ESET Remote Administrator on a Domain Controller or Microsoft Small Business Server" ?

I had some time to call ESET and open a case. They were able to help me get back up and running with ERA v7 instead of V6 so that's back up and running however now I'm trying to re-link it back to the 73 workstations I have set up. Me and the tech tried to push a new agent to an existing workstation and it showed the task was successful but it's not showing the check mark next to that workstation to show that it's communicating. They mentioned there were a few other things to try but we ran out of time yesterday. Going to resume on Monday.

The old agent was pushed out via GPO so hopefully once we figure out how to get that single workstation connected again I can update the MSI with the new package and push it back out.