Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trooper311

Problems with EES V7

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I have a few guinea pigs at my job who I installed the upgrade to.  A few Windows 10 Users and a few Windows 7 users.

Windows 7 users currently have installed:  ESS -  7.0.2073.1 and ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.5.522.0 

Both of these users have alerts on my ERA 6.5 Console of Web Control is not Functional. (Tried sending an update from the ERA console but no chance is made.)  Also see errors on both endpoints.

Windows 10 User have ESS -  7.0.2073 and  ESET Management Agent 7.0.553.0 installed. (Only one user (me has this).  I only have the updated Agent since I saw it appear today in my ERA 6.5 console.

Off the bat after reboots I have an error message on the endpoint that the firewall is not enabled, which is true because I do not use the ESET firewall here at work. Console not showing any errors.  I did manually turn it on (at the endpoint) and back off and the error seems to have gone away.  Do not want to have this issue for all my users so gonna go slow with this rollout.

Also, even though I have ESET Management Agent 7.0.553.0 installed the ERA 6.5 console is still stating that I am out of date and have ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.5.522.0.  So it is not reporting correctly.

In addition, in my policy I have the license information hidden.  However on Windows 7 endpoints it is hidden, but on Windows 10 it is not.  I am running Windows 10x64 Enterprise v1709 with all the latest patches.

Are there any fixes for this yet?  Or do I need to upgrade to version 7 on my server?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is necessary to upgrade the server from ERA 6.5 to ESMC. As stated in the documentation, Agent v7 cannot communicate with an ERA Server do to changes in the communication protocol.

Agent can be upgraded by sending an ESMC component upgrade task to clients.

As for the notifications that the firewall is disabled, you can suppress them via a policy -> User interface -> Application statuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Marcos,

I could have swore that someone told me a few days ago that it could be used with ERA 6.5  I will look to get that upgraded.  So for the Windows 7 clients stating that Web Control is not functional is that a false positive basically?

I will follow up once I am on ESMC.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Trooper311 said:

So for the Windows 7 clients stating that Web Control is not functional is that a false positive basically?

It can be either an issue registering a WFP callout (e.g. due to issues with BFE or registry permissions), or you disabled protocol filtering which is now indicated by a change of the protection status. Please provide me with logs collected with ESET Log Collector from such machine so that I can check the configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Marcos: ru sure: "Agent can be upgraded by sending an ESMC component upgrade task to clients. "??

This didn't  work on any client at our site.

We had to create a "run command" Task to download and upgrade the agents at client side.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tomha said:

@ Marcos: ru sure: "Agent can be upgraded by sending an ESMC component upgrade task to clients. "??

This didn't  work on any client at our site.

We had to create a "run command" Task to download and upgrade the agents at client side.

We had enabled it (or fixed) few hours ago - any chance you used it before? Or it is still not working properly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It can be either an issue registering a WFP callout (e.g. due to issues with BFE or registry permissions), or you disabled protocol filtering which is now indicated by a change of the protection status. Please provide me with logs collected with ESET Log Collector from such machine so that I can check the configuration.

Will get you the logs ASAP.

 

Just finished upgrading my server to ESMC.  So far, so good.

Where do I find the ESMC component upgrade task for clients?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will do.  So this will update the Agent on the endpoints?  Does it also uninstall the old one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry Marcos, i failed: Component Upgrade Task now works to upgrade Clients agents from 6.5 to 7.0

Congrats to eset for the very fast correction of this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

image.png

image.png

Ok did this but does it uninstall the old version?  Also, how can I check the progress of the installation?  Once I clicked on finish I was looking at a blank screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marcos,

Assume you mean logs from ESET SysInspector?

EDIT:  Nevermind on this one.  It has been so long since I needed to do this.  Getting the logs for you now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Trooper311 said:

Ok did this but does it uninstall the old version?  Also, how can I check the progress of the installation?  Once I clicked on finish I was looking at a blank screen.

I would recommend to check standard client task view, where you will see basic statistics of planed/finished and failed installations (see relevant documentation article). In case failure will be reported, it is possible to drill down for more details.

Regarding old version uninstallation: ERA Agent v6 will be upgraded to ESMC Agent v7 without uninstallation as it is actually considered as application upgrade. All settings will be applied after upgrade and identity of device in console will be the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MartinK said:

I would recommend to check standard client task view, where you will see basic statistics of planed/finished and failed installations (see relevant documentation article). In case failure will be reported, it is possible to drill down for more details.

Regarding old version uninstallation: ERA Agent v6 will be upgraded to ESMC Agent v7 without uninstallation as it is actually considered as application upgrade. All settings will be applied after upgrade and identity of device in console will be the same.

 

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much I will look at the documentation.  However this is what I am seeing after sending the upgrade task to an endpoint.  That is why I was asking about the uninstall of the old version.

 

 

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Since the issue with Web Control is most likely related to Endpoint and to avoid discussing different issues in this topic, please create a new topic in the Endpoint forum and provide a screen shot or two with the errors that you are getting. I've checked the logs you've supplied and there was no mention of an error neither in ESET's event log nor the system log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trooper311 said:

 

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much I will look at the documentation.  However this is what I am seeing after sending the upgrade task to an endpoint.  That is why I was asking about the uninstall of the old version.

Unfortunately this is issue we are currently investigating and working on remediation. What actually happens that ERA Agent successfully upgrades to ESMC Agent, but for some reason, remnants of original application are not properly removed from registries (msiexec database). It has no impact on functionality, but it is confusing, especially in case ESMC reports it as outdated software is present on client machine.

We will most probably provide at least script that cleans those registry entries, until proper fix is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Thanks. Since the issue with Web Control is most likely related to Endpoint and to avoid discussing different issues in this topic, please create a new topic in the Endpoint forum and provide a screen shot or two with the errors that you are getting. I've checked the logs you've supplied and there was no mention of an error neither in ESET's event log nor the system log.

Thanks Marcos.  I will do that.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MartinK said:

Unfortunately this is issue we are currently investigating and working on remediation. What actually happens that ERA Agent successfully upgrades to ESMC Agent, but for some reason, remnants of original application are not properly removed from registries (msiexec database). It has no impact on functionality, but it is confusing, especially in case ESMC reports it as outdated software is present on client machine.

We will most probably provide at least script that cleans those registry entries, until proper fix is available.

Thanks Martin I appreciate it.  Please keep me posted.  For now, I am going to halt the rollout until some of these kinks are sorted out.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any update to this as we have exactly the same issue?

We have pushed the new agent out with SCCM but the clients are still reporting that the old agent is still installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ma77y88 said:

Is there any update to this as we have exactly the same issue?
We have pushed the new agent out with SCCM but the clients are still reporting that the old agent is still installed.

If you mean the issue when both the previous and new agent are reported to be installed, this will be addressed in the upcoming service release that is planned to be released within a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any further update on the service release to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We anticipate the release within next 3-4 weeks. QA is currently ongoing. As soon as date is confirmed, we will update you. Thank you for your understanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any further update to this release?

It's frustrating not being able to see true stats of up to date agents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...