Half our organization failed updating (0x4e33)

Mra

Hi, it seems 50% of our organization has successfully updated to 6.6.2086.1 however the rest fail (and worse the AV has managed to uninstall itself on some workstations).

This is the error message, is a problem with the servers? We do not use a proxy or such. Thanks!

CSystemConnectorModule 2018-Aug-16 23:40:29 Software installation failed: GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e33)
Edited by Mra
title

It seems after attempting several times, one machine went through with the update.

I tried switching to the 7.0.2073.1 repository and it too has problems. Can anyone from ESET confirm if there is a server issue? Thanks.

Looks like brute force works. Every ten minutes I setup a job to install and throughout the whole day gradually machines are updating.

• ESET Staff
5 hours ago, Mra said:

I tried switching to the 7.0.2073.1 repository and it too has problems. Can anyone from ESET confirm if there is a server issue? Thanks.

Yes it is network related issue. Either ESET server are overloaded (very probable as of global release of new product) or something drops connection during download. I would recommend to schedule update so that not many devices are downloading installer packages at once..

• 3 weeks later...

It still seems there is an issue, over two weeks later trying to upgrade agents this appears:

UpgradeInfrastructure: Task failed: GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e33)

As honest feedback after using ESET for the last 12 years this has been by far the most painful upgrade process unfortunately.

Edited by Mra

Seems to be an as yet still unresolved issue with Au based servers connecting to the repository.

If you enter the following URL in the client task this seems to work more reliably. These are just the links from the public website downloads pages if you need a different product.

EES 6.6.2089.1 64bit

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/latest/ees_nt64_enu.msi

EES 7.0.2073.1 64bit

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/latest/ees_nt64.msi

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately we are aware of connectivity issues, especially for AU, NZ and JPN. We are preparing solution that will target this regions, as it seems that problem is caused by unreliable connectivity to existing EU or US servers.

It seems to be a coding issue in ERA itself.

For example my ERA 6.5.522 server, I can't deploy software from the repository, I have to use the download.eset.com links, which then works fine.

ESMC 7, seems to deploy software from the repository no problem.

But All-In-One installers download fails on both.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem now but I can download ERA all-in-one for x86 version OS but can't download for x64 version.

Can anyone help me resolve the issue?

• ESET Staff

Hello DGIT, can you please send us the Public IP address of your ESMC / ERA server? We would like to investigate. You can send me the information via private message. 

• 3 weeks later...

I as well seem to be encountering this issue, with only select servers. Others seem to be able to grab the files just fine. Attempting to update eset file security from 6.5.12007.0 to 7.0.12014.0, using a manually created task, or the 'Update Eset Products' button.

~edit:

I can get logs if needed, I can also be available for testing. We are located in USA, and can get external IP if needed as well.

Edited by jdashn