Problem pushing out updated EES from ERA6

Hi,

I have been getting Task Failed errors when pushing out the new version of Endpoint Security.

The last line of the trace.log reads:

2018-05-21 19:39:40 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 15bc]: Software installation failed: GetFile: Error reading HTTP response data (0x4e33)

Any ideas what could be stopping the install?

On one PC a Clear Cache allowed the update, but the 19 other PCs it didn't.

PCs are pingable by ERA PC, and has admin access to PC.

I am upgrading from 6.6.2072.4 to 6.6.2078.5

The process has worked perfectly before when use Endpoint Antivirus, this is the first time pushing an upgrade with Endpoint Security.

• Administrators

It is agent that downloads the Endpoint installer from ESET's repository. if you use a firewall or proxy server, is the client able to reach the repository? Please check https://support.eset.com/kb332 for a list of ports and addresses that need to be allowed.

Are you able to download the installer http://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/v6/6.6.2078.5/ees_nt64_enu.msi directly through a browser using the same proxy settings as those used by ERA agent?

I can download the installer from any of the suspect PCs using MS Edge with the link above.

The agent I believe downloads from our ESET proxy on the same machine as the ERA, this is how it has always been setup.

• Administrators

If clearing proxy cache doesn't help, I'd suggest generating pcap logs from both the client and http proxy from time when a software install task is executed by the agent. Especially we'd need to know if it attempts to connect to an IP address or to the host repository.eset.com.

I'm surprised you're not advising customers that this is occurring due to a problem with your own repository. I spoke to technical support yesterday who confirmed there is a problem with the repository. In my case, when I try to deploy Endpoint Antivirus on to a Windows 10 PC, the agent is actually trying to download and install the Mac version!

Where are things up to in terms of resolving the repository problem? It's been nearly 24 hours since the problem was confirmed by ESET but it's still not working!

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, davidenco said:

Where are things up to in terms of resolving the repository problem? It's been nearly 24 hours since the problem was confirmed by ESET but it's still not working!

We're not aware of any repository problem. There was a problem when the agent was accessing IP addresses instead of the host name repository.eset.com for some reason but this was solved more than 12 hours ago.

• ESET Staff

@davidenco

The agent is always trying to download the package, which was referenced in the installation task. Can you send us details of your software installation task, which is downloading the mac endpoint instead of a windows one, when the windows one is referenced in the software installation task?

Just spoke to support again and they checked the global mailing list and found that there is a known issue with the repository at present and suggested deleting the contents of the cache folder (/var/cache/httpd/proxy) and restarting the ERAServer service. It worked for me.

@davidenco

Thankyou..

I have followed your suggestion and cleared out the cache folder (\ProgramData\Apache HTTP Proxy\cache) and but restarted the ApacheHttpProxy service.

All is good now and the packages are being installed from the ERA Server.