schedule weekly scan with shutdown

We have recently moved to ESET NOD32 Smart Security Business Edition from Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

I had there friday night full scan at 22:00 on all workstations with shutdown after the job is complete. All the users left their workstations switched on.

But in ESET remote administrator, if I schedule weekly scan with policy, I can't find the option to shutdown after the scan.

How could I get the same functionality as in Kaspersky?

• Administrators

This is not currently possible but we'll consider adding this option in the future versions of ESET security products.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:41 AM, Marcos said:

This is not currently possible but we'll consider adding this option in the future versions of ESET security products.

I'm glad to confirm that it is possible!

In "Policies > Edit Policy - Settings > Scheduler > Edit > Add" you can add new task of type "On-demand computer scan", and after setting task timings and skipped task options you get again window "Task details", where in "Advanced scan options > Edit" you can choose "Action after scan > Shutdown".

I checked it with one test computer today and it works as expected.

• ESET Staff

@andy_s

There are currently two ways, how to schedule a task on the client:

1. Using the task, triggered by ERA Agent. We will resolve this too in the upcoming version 7.
  2. Using endpoint scheduler. This is already possible.

I am adding screenshots from both occurrences:

shutdown from policy.png

shutown after scan.png

Btw, which market are you located in? As the products currently on sale are ESET Endpoint Antivirus / ESET Endpoint Security. The name you have used is a legacy name, not in use for past 5 years approx (since the release of V5).

Edited by MichalJ

• 2 weeks later...

Endpoint scheduler works both with policies and client tasks, but:

1. If configured in policy, it doesn't start after bootup if the client computer was switched off at the scheduled time, even if I set "As soon as possible" in skipped task settings.
  2. In both methods in scan results report some computers with successful scheduled scan are missing until switched on. In client task executions they are listed as still "Running", but they are actually switched off after scheduled scan.

Btw, I'm in Russia, and product name I've got from the letter with license key from noreply@orders.eset.com.