Eset Internet Security issue in Windows 10 version 1803.

More "Antivirus protection is non-functional" woe :-(

Followed all the previous instructions re disabling HIPS 'protected services' and rebooting; no change.

Basic info

1. Windows 10 Pro 32 bit OS, x64 processor
  2. 1803
  3. OS Build 17134.81
  4. ESET Product EIS 11.1.54.0

Problems began following Windows update.

KEY QUESTION as yet unaddressed in these threads. Has AV failed? Do I need an alternative AV solution until ESET and Microsoft get this fixed?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

@rented hmm your report is the only one I recall for the x64 platform.

Can you please try to reboot your system via the command line or in the standard way, but while holding the Shift key?

Can you please provide me with a full memory dump from your system when the issue occurs?

@Duncans No the AV hasn't failed. It works, but is not able to update properly, until next reboot.

Issue is being still investigated by MS as we use a standard API call, but it fails for a reason unknown for us.

Upgrade to Win10 x64 should resolve your issue, or you may just disable the Protected service in the ESET's advanced setup and reboot your PC.

Regards, P.R.

Windows 10 64bit (latest build from catalog) here, security runs however downloads don't install properly they hang on the last percentage. cause anything attempting to access said location to crash.

^This affects Steam, chrome etc.

Launching files etc causes full system crashes to occur. Uninstalling ESET fixed my issues completely, disabling only protected service or HIPS entirely still didn't resolve my issue.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, eHM said:

Windows 10 64bit (latest build from catalog) here, security runs however downloads don't install properly they hang on the last percentage. cause anything attempting to access said location to crash.

Please contact customer care and provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue  as well as logs gathered by ESET Log Collector. Also share the steps with us here so that we can try to reproduce it and look into it as well.

On 6/1/2018 at 1:59 PM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello,

@rented hmm your report is the only one I recall for the x64 platform.

Can you please try to reboot your system via the command line or in the standard way, but while holding the Shift key?

Can you please provide me with a full memory dump from your system when the issue occurs?

Hi,

@Peter RandziakI sure can, if you can point me to some instructions on how to accomplish those things.

• 1 month later...

Here's mine attached...

Same problem, as soon as 1803 went on ESET failed :(
I'm on x64 and I'm sure it's not ESET's fault and will be Microsoft doing something silly, but just to confirm I've rebooted multiple times.

ESET.PNG

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Clocker13 said:

Here's mine attached...

I'm on x64 and I'm sure it's not ESET's fault and will be Microsoft doing something silly, but just to confirm I've rebooted multiple times.

Are you positive that you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview builds?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1803 with the Operating System Build 17134.191 and have no problems.

@Clocker13 If you just now upgraded to 1803, make sure to check again for Windows updates. And what Marcos said, check if you not using Windows 10 Insider Preview builds.

You use any other Anti-Viren program's beside ESET Internet Security?

Edited by Clark T

25 minutes ago, Clocker13 said:

Here's mine attached...

Assuming Eset was installed prior to the 1803 upgrade,  uninstall Eset using the Uninstaller tool. If you have any custom settings, export those prior to uninstalling. Then download latest 11.2.49 ver. and install it. Import your prior settings if previously exported.

26 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Are you positive that you are not using Windows 10 Insider Preview builds?

Sorry, yes forgot to mention that I've got Insider set to next version. Never had an issue with ESET working on preview builds before. Guess I just need to wait for the next supported version?

build.PNG

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Clocker13 said:

Sorry, yes forgot to mention that I've got Insider set to next version. Never had an issue with ESET working on preview builds before. Guess I just need to wait for the next supported version?

Yes. It's already discussed at https://forum.eset.com/topic/15949-hips-cannot-communicate-with-driver/ so please continue the discussion there.

I'm also experiencing problems on windows 10 64bit version 1803 build 17134.191

With ESET smart security version 11.2.49.0

Disabling protected service solved them (IntelliJ crashing, chrome crashing randomly)

Edited by Eliran

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Eliran said:

I'm also experiencing problems on windows 10 64bit version 1803 build 17134.191
With ESET smart security version 11.2.49.0
Disabling protected service solved them (IntelliJ crashing, chrome crashing randomly)

If you are being reported issues with HIPS in the main gui and you are not using a Windows 10 Insider Preview build, we'll need a complete memory dump for analysis. The best course of action would be contacting customer care so that the case is properly tracked.