HIPS cannot communicate with driver

ExaFlop

• Administrators

Please contact your local customer care so that the case is tracked properly. A complete memory dump will be needed as well as a registry dump and other logs gathered by ESET Log Collector. A customer care representative should be able to assist you with this and prepare the stuff for analysis by developers.

The same here. After upgrade to Build 17704, ESET upgraded to v11.1.54.0.

Anti-Stealth not functioning, Firewall not working, HIPS not functioning. Is there already a soltution?

• Administrators

This is a known issue with Insider preview build 17704. We should have a solution soon.

I'd like to emphasize that standard builds of Windows 10 are not affected, only new insider preview build(s).

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, EdjKa said:

Any news?

Please refer to my previous post: This is a known issue with Insider preview build 17704. We should have a solution soon.

Hi Marcos, does ESET has a solution yet? I really like to use W10 Build 17704 with ESET EIS 11.1 again.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, JbRbV said:

Hi Marcos, does ESET has a solution yet? I really like to use W10 Build 17704 with ESET EIS 11.1 again.

No. This was asked 2 days ago during weekend and today is the first work day after the weekend. It's not matter of minutes to make changes to the program code, test it and release it. We are working on it and will let you know once an updated module has been released on pre-release update servers.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, JbRbV said:

Can i still work with my computer (i have EIS 11.1) or does it has a serious problem?

Since HIPS doesn't work, neither other HIPS-dependent modules Exploit Blocker, Self-defense, Ransomware shield do. No vendor can guarantee that their programs will work with newer Insider Preview builds of Windows 10. Therefore Insider Preview builds should not be installed on production computers or computers where security matters.

@Marcos Thank you for the quick reply. Hopefully the update will be released soon however it's good to know that you're working on it. Let us know when it's released so we can update.

Today I install Win 10 17711 and make clean install EAV 11.1.54 - notning different, same situation - HIPS and Anti-Stealth does not work.
Waiting for solution soon...

• Administrators

The problem has turned out to be at Microsoft's part. If we have information when Microsoft is going to address this, we'll let you know.

15 hours ago, Marcos said:

The problem has turned out to be at Microsoft's part. If we have information when Microsoft is going to address this, we'll let you know.

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the update. Did Microsoft say where the problem lies? Did they give any indication of when it might be addressed?

Cheers.

Hi, Marcos,
I saw EAV 11.2.46, but on update channel is missing. I hope there is HIPS correction in this version
Where can I download this version?
Pleas, provide a link.
Thanks
Regards.

• Administrators

I saw EAV 11.2.46, but on update channel is missing. I hope there is HIPS correction in this version

I think 11.2.x are insider preview versions. By the way, HIPS is version-independent. Also I'm not sure what you mean by "HIPS correction"; there are no big known issues with HIPS currently. If there are any, it's just minor issues that we have logged on files. If you are having issues with Windows 10 Insider Preview builds, you must wait until the bug is addressed by Microsoft.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

..... If you are having issues with Windows 10 Insider Preview builds, you must wait until the bug is addressed by Microsoft.

Hi Marcos,

Microsoft (community) suggest it could be an ESET issue please see the thread I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_security-insiderplat_pc/windows-10-build-17704-and-eset/786f6ec1-4eea-489d-b33c-821c3140939a 

Of course, we are the guys stuck in the middle who just want a resolution.

It is worth noting that the current Windows Insider Preview builds are close to the actual version that will be released in September (I think) so somebody will need to fix something soon.

Cheers.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, dcconn said:

Of course, we are the guys stuck in the middle who just want a resolution. 

We are positive that it's not an issue on our part since Microsoft has already confirmed it.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

We are positive that it's not an issue on our part since Microsoft has already confirmed it.

Thank you for that Marcos :)

4 hours ago, dcconn said:

Here's Microsoft's official reply from this thread:

I want to echo a bit of what has been said, and have no intention of pointing fingers (either at ESET or at Microsoft).

Development cycle builds are definitely fun when it comes to third-party AV/malware clients.  As MS continues to update core OS components, this can (and at times has) caused conflicts with how software interacts.  Sometimes it has been changes on the MS side, other times it has been software vendors plugging into the OS via older APIs that are no longer supported (and thus they have to make changes on their end).

I know it's rough when important software isn't working right.  In the interim you can pause ESET and use Windows Defender so you're not left "open" (without any AV coverage).  Don't want you to be left in an insecure state.

In other words, neither confirm or deny that Microsoft is at fault and use Windows Defender instead. Would one expect anything else from Microsoft?

Edited by itman

• Administrators

This is the official ESET's statement on the subject:

“ESET have been working with Microsoft and the block will be removed in next weeks’ fast insider build. On occasion blocks are implemented to avoid compatibility issues with outdated versions of ESET products and particular scenarios with the OS. In this particular case a block was incorrectly implemented generically in the insider build and is being removed.”