Scan Logs

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I was fairly sure in previous versions (prior to 2.0) that there was a way to delete scan logs. In current version (2.0 +) I cannot seem to find a way to delete scan logs. Maybe I am just not seeing it, so if I am, can anyone point out if there is a way to delete the scan logs? I now have 30 logs and growing. There seems to be no automatic deletion nor anyway to manually delete them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hello,

I understand that manual deletion of logs is not possible. Just to clarify and fully understand, does EMS for Android ever automatically delete any of the log files, and if so what is the trigger (i.e. 90 logs)?

• ESET Moderators

I have forwarded this question to our developers for clarification. As far as I know, the log files are not automatically deleted but maybe there is some high-end trigger at some point in the code.

• ESET Insiders

Thanks foneil,

It is not a real big deal but if you have EMS set to scan daily, you can accumulate a fair number of logs. If you are on a low end smart phone with not much storage, you tend to watch what is going on to keep as much storage free as possible. The size of the logs are probably minimal so it would not make a large amount of difference.

• ESET Moderators

I am told by the developers that EMS will store up to 128 logs--I'm not sure what happens at 128 though, but I would assume that the oldest is overwritten at that time.

• ESET Insiders

Thank you for the follow-up foneil. I appreciate it. It is good to know even if it seems like an excessive amount of logs being stored. Now to wait a bit and see what happens once the 128 logs are reached...