Two bugs in ESET 11.0.144.0

Hi.

1: Setup --> Trouble Shooting wizard (Recently blocked applications or devices) never shows anything. Even if something was blocked. I reinstalled EIS three times (ESET Uninstaller). But still it does not show anything.

2: It's been eight months already, and you have not fixed small fonts in the Russian version in the main window. Moreover, you have transferred this bug to version 11 of your products. Do you really care?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, kelvin9 said:

1: Setup --> Trouble Shooting wizard (Recently blocked applications or devices) never shows anything. Even if something was blocked. I reinstalled EIS three times (ESET Uninstaller). But still it does not show anything.

It's easy to test it - create a firewall rule that will block all communication. Even before creating this rule I had a lot of blocked communications displayed in the firewall troubleshooting wizard. Please contact your local customer care if you experience communication issues, no blocked communications are displayed in the wizard and disabling the firewall from gui actually resolves these issues.

2: It's been eight months already, and you have not fixed small fonts in the Russian version in the main window. Moreover, you have transferred this bug to version 11 of your products. Do you really care?

I don't think it's a general issue, otherwise it would have been reported by the Russian distributor as they would have been getting a lot of complaints from users. Please contact your local customer care.

1: I just reinstalled Windows 10 x64 (1607). The problem did not disappear. Setup --> Trouble Shooting wizard (Recently blocked applications or devices) still never shows anything. This proves that the problem is on your side. Please fix and do not ignore the users who want to help to improve your products.

2: Do you really think that this is not a general issue? The problem here is not even in small fonts, but how you eliminate these problems. How can I trust the security of my computer when you even do not correct such a small problem for many months and even transfer this bug into a new product?

10.0.390.jpg

11.0.144.jpg

• Administrators

Please contact your local (Russian) customer care. As for the font issue, looking at your screen shot it may not be an issue as most of the menu items now fit into one line. The Russian customer care should confirm or deny that this is how they are seeing it too.

This forum is not meant to substitute customer care when tackling issues when more logs and iterations are required. Customer care should be able to assist and track such issues.

OMG. You claim that such a font in Russian localization is normal? While in all other localizations it is much larger. You do not even admit the problem.

You know about all these problems! You just do not want to admit that your product is full of various bugs.

• ESET Insiders

With font it's not a bug. Fonts in GUI are normal and the second item in menu with two line word is normal. I'm from Russia and didn't see any problems with this. Product is usable normally. And for me font size is normal. It's size not small as for 10.0.119 version as i remember or lower. In this version font size was really too small and hard to read.

Edited by anton83

With fonts, perhaps, and not everything is so bad, but for some reason, for example, in the English localization they are precisely larger. And here other error: are confused by places of the name of columns in the scheduler's window (on a screenshot are selected)

It is senseless to redirect such errors in the Russian representative office of ESET - there are definitely no developers and translators of the interface there. I do not know whether there are they here, but it shall be a shame to you with such devil-may-care attitude to the product - the disgrace described by me is pulled from the 9th version

ESET.png

Edited by Viatcheclav Bukas

• Administrators

Local distributors are responsible for approving gui during the QA process and for possible changes in text that we subsequently consult with translators before the changes are made to the product. You should not expect non-Russian staff to review the Russian version and make corrections or other changes to it.

If there is anything wrong with translation of certain strings, please report it to your local distributor and if it's valid, the proposed change will be implemented.

You should not expect non-Russian staff to review the Russian version and make corrections or other changes to it

There is a wish to swear dirty. I assume that my English is not absolutely clear at this forum (I use the online translator), and only therefore I do not do it. Concerning my note - you only need to change in a window of the scheduler of the name of two extreme right columns in places: "settings" for "start time", and "start time" - on "settings", and all! And for this purpose it is not necessary to involve translators

If there is anything wrong with translation of certain strings, please report it to your local distributor and if it's valid, the proposed change will be implemented

Made it, and more than once. The response is always approximately same: "We need time to communicate with developers for sending the error noticed by you..." As a result still this trifle is not corrected. Amusing for you to watch...