ESET behind Microsoft in July AV-comparatives

novice

33 minutes ago, TomFace said:

80% or so of the A/V test mean nothing in the real world

And we have to believe you , .....why? 

What is the "Face" value of such statement????

33 minutes ago, TomFace said:

If so you are not welcome here

Welcome or not, facts are facts!

When you have Avast! (free) , Avira (free) , Bitdefender (free) ,MSE (free)  with a higher detection rate than ESET, one may ask why do we have to pay , when the free alternatives offer better protection????

Edited by MSE

Why should I be believed? Don't really care if you do or don't.

But I'm not selling anything (unlike you) including false hopes under questionable circumstances.

BS artists are a dime a dozen. I usually do not waste my time withy those fools.  

What you do not address speaks volumes as to your intent, child.

Edited by TomFace

• ESET Insiders
2 hours ago, MSE said:

Leaving  MSE alone, from Feb to June ,ESET is on 16th place from 21, with 7 antiviruses having 100% detection.

100% detection ?!!!!!! if these tests give a 100% detection results then that's a reason why you ignore them, there's no 100% detection

Another reason: when they say bitdefender is a 100% performance while i tried it many times and every time it kills my pc performance!!

7 minutes ago, MSE said:

When you have Avast! (free) , Avira (free) , Bitdefender (free) ,MSE (free)  with a higher detection rate than ESET, one may ask why do we have to pay , when the free alternatives offer better protection????

Are you really saying Avira or Avast better than ESET ? did you try them your self or you just read these fake tests and believe them blindly

If you see all products are better than ESET let me ask you, why are you here ? why you didn't just choose the better products ?

If you see all products are better just choose one and use it and have fun believing the tests

4 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

100% detection ?!!!!!! if these tests give a 100% detection results then that's a reason why you ignore them, there's no 100% detection

Another reason: when they say bitdefender is a 100% performance while i tried it many times and every time it kills my pc performance!!

Are you really saying Avira or Avast better than ESET ? did you try them your self or you just read these fake tests and believe them blindly

If you see all products are better than ESET let me ask you, why are you here ? why you didn't just choose the better products ?

If you see all products are better just choose one and use it and have fun believing the tests

Leave him alone BALTAGY...this being is just doing what s/he knows best...TROLLING. Don't waste your time on it's worthless message. It will be gone soon enough on it's own. 

A bad workman blames his tools

Edited by TomFace

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

Which one(s)? I'm eager to check them closer. Also are you talking about executables? Because the situation is a bit different if, for instance, a script malware (downloader) is not detected but the payload is so in the end the computer doesn't get infected.

SHA256: 8de12700ad1cb6b9573bd0bf4cfa8d17c6370bec30576262ced4dd3916f4c9ab

is this malicious?

8 hours ago, 0xDEADBEEF said:

SHA256: 8de12700ad1cb6b9573bd0bf4cfa8d17c6370bec30576262ced4dd3916f4c9ab

is this malicious?

This is an interesting one. Payload Security analysis here: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/8de12700ad1cb6b9573bd0bf4cfa8d17c6370bec30576262ced4dd3916f4c9ab?environmentId=100

Appears only heuristic/behavior/AI based engines are detecting it. And confidence is not high; Cloudstrike gives it a 80%. If indeed malware present, appears to be .Net based. You would have to run it in the Cuckoo sandbox and actually see what it is doing. My best guess is it is benign but performs highly suspect activities.

This is of most interest:

Opens the Kernel Security Device Driver (KsecDD) of Windows

details
"<Input Sample>" opened "\Device\KsecDD"
source
API Call
relevance
10/10

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, itman said:

My best guess is it is benign but performs highly suspect activities.

Yes, I had my own cuckoo run this sample and was not sure about this particular one after looking at the report. I tend to feel that it is an FP

17 hours ago, MSE said:

Hello mate,
I will tell you why
Because the Eset has a strong firewall(with IDS)when others don't.
Because the ESET has memory protection when the free or even paid version of Avast don't.
https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/
You can't find any of them on the avast or Avira products...
Eset has HIPS  when those Avs don't.
Eset has clean GUI when others don't! just take a look at Avast forum and you will find bugs, problems, blue screens,etc..
Oh and about BD( free) it's not even an av they don't care about the free version of BD.
av test companies show you what they want! they don't tell you that Avast can't protect your MEMORY from memory attack!
The cloud in the free version OF AVIRA isn't the same as the paid version! 
Btw these av test companies only test the Avs on default settings.
Eset is one of those I like because you can dig into the settings especially the hips settings and control and monitor everything when others can't do that for you.
cuz av test said Avast is the best then we should believe it?you need to read the Testing Methodology on their website then you will understand what that 100% score means.

I'm sorry for my bad English GL.

Edited by persian-boy

• Marcos locked this topic