RA Agent not reporting

Hi All - I installed the ESET RA portal about 3 or 4 months ago and have this morning updated to the latest version. However I have noticed one or two issues which I hope you can help me with.

Firstly some of the PCs which I know have been switched on aren't connecting and reporting. Other PCs in the same office are, but some don't appear to be 'checking in' as it were. Is there a way to force that, or to get the RA console to go out to them? I have 44 computers out of 390 which are stating the agent isn't installed, when I know it is on the majority of them. I have synced with AD fine and some of the PCs which don't appear to be checking in are ones which have recently been renamed. 

• Administrators

Please check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log for more information about the issue.

Thanks Marcos. I have checked two of the PCs which are showing as Unmanaged in the console and both are showing as ok and green across all 4 boxes in the status.html, with no indication of any errors.

• ESET Staff

Just maybe, could you check, if those PCs are not shown in the "lost and found" group, with duplicated entries, compared to the AD Sync task? During the migration, the "last connected time" info is "reset", which means that ERA V6.5 needs to get the information about installed security product / version / managed status again. That should happen during first few replications. In some cases, it takes up to 24 hours, to repair "itself". But I would check first for duplicated entries in Lost & Found vs. the unmanaged entries.

Other option is (happened to me recently) that despite the fact that "boxes are green", the last replication is not from "now" but is from hours (days ago). It happened to me today, that on Windows 10 agent was stopped, and not started after performing windows update. Manually starting the ERA agent process helped to fix the issue.

Edited by MichalJ

So I do have 5 PCs in the Lost & Found group, but all 5 are managed and are displaying their respective statuses. I have now moved those PCs back to their correct AD group so that folder is now empty.

Not with the same computer name. I'm trying to remember what the old names were to check if they are appearing, but under the old name instead. It doesn't look like it, but surely the sync would swap the names out anyway as they will be live in AD?