Different Firewall modes for different windows users?

• Most Valued Members

I have set my partner an Administrative account on my PC. I would like to know if it is possible to have Eset's Firewall on her account as Automatic while keeping it as interactive on my account. I like to see what's asking for access but I know she'd get annoyed with the popups. Is this possible?

As far as linking a firewall profile to a sign-on account, not possible as far as I am aware off.

What you could do is set the "global" firewall profile to Automatic.

You could create another firewall profile and set that to Interactive. When you log on, you could switch to that profile in Eset. However, until you accessed the Eset GUI to switch profiles, you would running under the global profile Automatic criteria.

The problem is that all your existing Interactive firewall rules have been created under the default global profile. Eset doesn't have a way of transferring rules from one profile to another as far as I am aware of.

Also, you really should only have one local admin account for security reasons.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
14 minutes ago, itman said:

As far as linking a firewall profile to a sign-on account, not possible as far as I am aware off.

What you could do is set the "global" firewall profile to Automatic.

You could create another firewall profile and set that to Interactive. When you log on, you could switch to that profile in Eset. However, until you accessed the Eset GUI to switch profiles, you would running under the global profile Automatic criteria.

The problem is that all your existing Interactive firewall rules have been created under the default global profile. Eset doesn't have a way of transferring rules from one profile to another as far as I am aware of.

Also, you really should only have one local admin account for security reasons.

Will maybe mention it as a suggestion. sadly its unrealistic having just one admin account. its both of our computers and she needs to have full access