Windows 8 Metro Apps won't start after Upgrade to v7, (HIPS)

carly

Hi,

after upgrading from v6 to v7 most Windows 8 Metro Apps quit working.

After uninstalling NOD32 v7 it worked again.

Reinstalling Nod32 v7 and they quit working.

Disabeling HIPS and rebooting also brought WIN 8 apps back to live.

What is causing that? Do I need HIPS? 

Can I configure HIPS to let Metro Apps alone?

Hey Carly

I experienced the same as you. My solution were very simple and work well. I just rebooted the system, (Eset Smart Security 7 were in default configuration) and then my windows 8 pro apps were able to connect to the internet again. But anyway, it is best as Peter has suggested, to enable logging for better troubleshooting if other users should experienced the same.

Regards, Janus

I would love to help, but now something weired has happened.

I uninstalled nod32 v7 once more and after reinstalling, now apps seem to work.... so I cannot reproduce it right now.

Also running Win 8.1 update this morning, so i don't want to interfere. If it happens again, I will send you logs.

Same problem for me. With Nod32 V7, on Windows 8.1 Metro Apps quit working. After uninstalling Nod32, Metro Apps work again. If I reinstall Nod32, Metro Apps quit working. I have installed and uninstalled Nod32 V7 many times with the same results every time. The only solution for me to have Metro Apps working with Nod32 is to disable HIPS.

I also turn off HIPS and all win8.1 metro apps is working now. But I don't think that it's a good solution. May be we need to configure some rules only for metro applications, unlike shutdown whole HIPS security system.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

HIPS support module: 1099B is fixing the issue.

It has been already released for all v.7 users.

So please update and check if you have this module.

Could please someone with this issue post here module info before the manual update?

• ESET Moderators

Q: How Do I check if I have that module?

A: Right click on ESET icon and click on About.

Q: (I use testmode for updates most of the time. is that of any matter?)

A: The modules are released earlier here (pre-release updates) so you should receive fixes sooner, but there is some probability, that new modules could cause some new issues as well.

I got 1099B (maybe through the test mode), and do not experience any issues currently;

is there an update Log, so I could check, what I had on the day when I had the trouble?

btw: great Support , thanks!