Eset 10 network protection problems

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Arash said:

I've switched to testupdates (about 90MB new update files are downloaded) but sadly the problem still remains. :(

See my last comment:
Also check if the Windows Firewall service is running, .e.g. by running "sc query mpssvc" as an administrator.

Alternatively you can check it in the Services list:

winfw_service.png

Let us know if the service is actually running.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

See my last comment:
Also check if the Windows Firewall service is running, .e.g. by running "sc query mpssvc" as an administrator.

Alternatively you can check it in the Services list:

winfw_service.png

Let us know if the service is actually running.

thanks for your reply but as I mentioned in my previous comment (top image) its started but the problem still remains

services.thumb.JPG.176e444b4fcb84bc604f9494d016b10c.JPG

• Administrators

Then please generate a dump of ekrn via advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create (dump). When done, compress the dump stored in the Diagnostics folder, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link together with logs collected by ESET Log Collector.

Hi, I had the same problem, I went to Services, Windows Firewall was on automatic, I changed automatic to manual, restart the windows and problem solved. See if it helps.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this issue?

Please let me know if my above work around is considered a solution by you.

Thanks,

Guided

Make sure Base Filtering Engine service is running and set to Automatic as noted in the below screen shot:

Eset_BFE.png

Edited by itman

Same issue here for the past couple of days. If I click them to turn them on it says I will be disabling them. This is on any of the 3 choices FW, IDS, or Botnet.

Can't even connect to the internet on the pc that does have this problem. Shows network but no internet. Try to uninstall eset and it just sits there looking at me like I'm stupid. Can't uninstall in safe mode because the service to do so doesn't run in safe mode.

After about 15-20 minutes last night the uninstall finally finished and I shut down for the night. This morning I install a fresh install of Eset. I no longer have the 3 items red but what I do have now is the stupic ICMP Flood attach error. That of which I haven't had on this pc. Of course like just about everyone else it's related to my router (R7000 in my case) I was on ver 9 something before this problem started happening on my daily. Est SS just updated to 10 on my game rig which is when the 3 red items started with last night being the first time I couldn't even get on over the past couple of days. After removing Eset SS I was able to connect online without issue. Which I'm still able now but there is some issue with v 10 to cause this icmp flood attack error directed at our routers I believe considering it wasn't a problem on v9.

Edited by scgt1

Have the same issue as well (win7 x64).
Though after 1-2 minutes on reboot, the options are activated automatically.

Did anyone notice any lag while browsing the web & etc with v10? I occasionally have 2-10 sec lags that look like I've lost connection to internet (websites are stuck loading & etc). It started right after v10 update  :/

1. 593ec015909ec_2017-06-1218_20_34-ESETSmartSecurity.jpg.581bea54401a6ac70c63857c57c58b4f.jpg

On 6/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, Guided said:

Any update on this issue?

Please let me know if my above work around is considered a solution by you.

Thanks,

Guided

I finally decide to downgrade my ESET version to Ver9 and its works fine in past 2 weeks but today I saw that the same problem has appeared.

On 6/7/2017 at 1:47 AM, itman said:

Make sure Base Filtering Engine service is running and set to Automatic as noted in the below screen shot:

Eset_BFE.png

its Running and set to automatic.

3 hours ago, dash said:

Have the same issue as well (win7 x64).
Though after 1-2 minutes on reboot, the options are activated automatically.

Did anyone notice any lag while browsing the web & etc with v10? I occasionally have 2-10 sec lags that look like I've lost connection to internet (websites are stuck loading & etc). It started right after v10 update  :/

1. 593ec015909ec_2017-06-1218_20_34-ESETSmartSecurity.jpg.581bea54401a6ac70c63857c57c58b4f.jpg

I had random internet disconnection with my pc running win 10, eset 10. and when troubleshooting it told me: "The DNS sever isnt responding". I had to call ISP support and he guided me to change DNS addresses, after that I had no problem.

2 hours ago, Arash said:

I finally decide to downgrade my ESET version to Ver9 and its works fine in past 2 weeks but today I saw that the same problem has appeared.

As I mentioned above, I found out that this problem is maybe some sort of confliction with windows firewall. I hope they get it fixed in next upgrades-updates.

• Administrators

If you are able to reproduce the issue, carry on as advised in one of my previous posts:

1, Enable advanced firewall logging in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics.
2, Restart the computer.
3, If the issue occurs, create a dump via the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create (dump).
4, Collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature.
5, Upload the generated zip archive to a safe location and pm me a download link.

• Administrators
On 12. 6. 2017 at 8:01 PM, Arash said:

If you download the eicar test file, is it actually detected by web protection and not only by real-time protection on a disk? V10 reports errors that v9 didn't even if web protection could not be registered in the system.

It cames back with the same problem and it begins to be very annoying. I won't clean all my rules again and again .........

@Marcos I will send you logs (when I can reproduce it), hoping you (eset) will be able to find a solution quickly, because I won't pay for an always disabled FW :D

Edit : When I restart it's not bugging anytimes, and I won't stay in advaced debugging all time. Can I Enable it when it's done, try to only stop/start FW in settings and exports logs (without restarting PC) ?

Edited by Mahoneko

On 6/14/2017 at 2:39 PM, Marcos said:

If you download the eicar test file, is it actually detected by web protection and not only by real-time protection on a disk? V10 reports errors that v9 didn't even if web protection could not be registered in the system.

Actually you are right and it seems that all of the eset functions are working but somehow eset cannot detect that these firewall functions are running.

18 hours ago, Mahoneko said:

It cames back with the same problem and it begins to be very annoying. I won't clean all my rules again and again .........

@Marcos I will send you logs (when I can reproduce it), hoping you (eset) will be able to find a solution quickly, because I won't pay for an always disabled FW :D

Edit : When I restart it's not bugging anytimes, and I won't stay in advaced debugging all time. Can I Enable it when it's done, try to only stop/start FW in settings and exports logs (without restarting PC) ?

@Marcos I can't create a diag dump:

ErrorCreatingDiagnosticFile.PNG.7a516fd1b68faf8c05f6caf3fe68b40e.PNG

I had this issue, nothing fixed it - came about after I installed Windows Creator Update.  When I reverted that update - it worked fine.  I think you may have issues with that update.

• ESET Insiders

@Marcos, can we now switch back to regular updates, or is the incompatibility with the testupdates still not fixed?

On 6/19/2017 at 11:06 PM, Joseph Hopkins said:

I had this issue, nothing fixed it - came about after I installed Windows Creator Update.  When I reverted that update - it worked fine.  I think you may have issues with that update.

yes i think so.

• Administrators

I tested it and didn't have any issues after switching back to regular updates.

Again, I'd like to encourage everybody who don't work on a production system to keep pre-release updates enabled. This will enable you to receive new modules with new features or fixes in advance and in case there are issues with a new module, you can switch back to regular updates after you report it to ESET and wait until a new module addressing the issue becomes available.

Still the same with beta update, but it didn't update product, only virus database.

Is it that you called pre-release update or another thing ?

• ESET Insiders

If you switch to beta updates, then not only the virus signature is renewed, but also the modules!If

Yes I was on beta updates.

Edited by SlashRose