Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

First of all, pre-release engine and module updates are not beta updates. Modules that we put on pre-release servers have been thoroughly tested, passed QA and usually also been already deployed to hundreds of production machines within ESET for some time.

As for the issue with network modules, if the Windows Firewall service is installed and running and the problem persists, also try running the following command and restarting the computer to clear transaction logs:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I call them "Beta updates" it's because it their name in the software :

betaupdate.PNG.3341d5c412419d1f3e9ee580671d2ff1.PNG

 

So if you were talking about this update configuration as "pre-release", when I set this settings, the "product version" dit not change, only the virus database version (even if I click search update under product version) :

version.PNG.1713f586921a2f93b525ab87f89cc2f1.PNG

 

So are you saying that the update of the virus database I got was including module update ?

 

About the test you suggest, I will try it next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found out that this problem (non-functional firewall) allowed one program on my system to connect to internet that I didn't want it to connect. This is sad and I am getting annoyed, it passed weeks and no solution released. I enabled pre-release update and after some days back to regular update and both didn't help. I tested all things said on this thread. How can be sure other threats didn't pass through the firewall. My license is ending in weeks and I will never going to buy eset again. There are good products on net that don't have this very basic problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my case, I just tried and the FW seems functionnal (even with non functionnal message).

But I'm starting to think like you Guided, but I first opened a ticket to the eset support, hoping for a solution to this issue..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Guided said:

I found out that this problem (non-functional firewall) allowed one program on my system to connect to internet that I didn't want it to connect. This is sad and I am getting annoyed, it passed weeks and no solution released. I enabled pre-release update and after some days back to regular update and both didn't help. I tested all things said on this thread. How can be sure other threats didn't pass through the firewall. My license is ending in weeks and I will never going to buy eset again. There are good products on net that don't have this very basic problem.

Have you sent in any logs. I don't have this issue myself and always found eset the best but if it's ignoring rules then this is an issue and i would recommend running the app and loging it if you haven't yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

When network protection is red and the Windows Firewall service is running, please carry on as follows:

- download the tool ftp://ftp.nod.sk/support/tools/EpfwWfpRegV10.1.1.exe
- run it several times with admin rights as follows and provide me with all 5 logs :
EpfwWfpRegV10.1.1.exe /print > log1.txt
EpfwWfpRegV10.1.1.exe /unreg > log2.txt
EpfwWfpRegV10.1.1.exe /print > log3.txt
EpfwWfpRegV10.1.1.exe /reg > log4.txt
EpfwWfpRegV10.1.1.exe /print > log5.txt

- try running "fsutil resource setautoreset true c:" with admin rights and rebooting the computer

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Guided said:

I sent you my logs, ran "fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\" rebooted and problem still there.

The logs appear to be ok. Please also do the following:

- In the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics, enable advanced firewall logging
- Reboot the computer.
- If the network protection status is red, generate a dump of ekrn under Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create (dump).
- Disable logging
- Collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature, upload the generated zip file to a safe location and pm me a download link.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ended my session with the eset support.

My software was not up to date : I was in version 10.0 and I didn't receive the update by the search product update button because there was a bug in this version. We uninstalled then installed the new version (10.1.x.x).

The issues seems now fixed : If I open eset at startup, I can see the 3 red FW issue becoming green in some seconds.

I'll continue to monitor it and see if the issue is really fixed

If it can help

Edited by Mahoneko
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marcos said:

The logs appear to be ok. Please also do the following:

- In the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics, enable advanced firewall logging
- Reboot the computer.
- If the network protection status is red, generate a dump of ekrn under Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create (dump).
- Disable logging
- Collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature, upload the generated zip file to a safe location and pm me a download link.

When creating dump it messages "an error ocurred during memory dumping" in red

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Guided said:

When creating dump it messages "an error ocurred during memory dumping" in red

I had exactly the same error.

Check your product version. If you are in 10.0, uninstall and download the latest version on eset website. (should be 10.1)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mahoneko said:

I had exactly the same error.

Check your product version. If you are in 10.0, uninstall and download the latest version on eset website. (should be 10.1)

I uninstalled and installed version 10.1.204.0, so far network protection is green with no problems. I will check periodically and report if anything went wrong.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...